This is What Happens When You Get Into a Fight With a Police Officer & Try to Steal His Gun
Barike Wiltz, a parolee, was violently arrested in Stockton, CA, Tuesday after he got into a fight with a police officer and tried to take his gun.
The entire episode started when an allegedly intoxicated and belligerent Wiltz got into a scuffle with a Stockton policeman. While the officer had him in what looks like a headlock, Wiltz made a grab for the officer’s gun.
Wiltz soon gave up and fled the scene of the fight. However, he’d already made a serious mistake and the Stockton police were not ready to let it go. They quickly caught up with Wiltz, beat him with batons, and arrested him. Oddly enough, a news crew was on the scene shooting an unrelated interview and caught the takedown on tape.
Watch the takedown via Detroit Free Press:
This is how the story played out:
Suddenly, Wiltz rounds the corner and is quickly run down by a Stockton police officer.
“I thought it looked like Rodney King being beaten, it seemed like it was too much,” witness Trevon Edwards told ABC News 10.
But the police stand by their actions.
“The suspect grabbed the officer’s gun and tried to pull it out of the holster, because of that, we used any force necessary to stop the suspect and make an arrest,” Det. Joe Silva said.
Wiltz, 34, is currently being held in San Joaquin County Jail on charges of fighting with police and trying to grab an officer’s weapon, according to ABC News 10.
All images courtesy of The Detroit Free Press.
This story has been updated.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 590 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 390 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 321 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 275 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4