Year-Old Abduction Case Now May Be Linked to Serial Killer
Almost a year ago, on June 3, 2011, Lauren Spierer of Bloomington, Indiana unaccountably vanished.
Her parents got the call shortly after, and have been trapped in every parent’s nightmare ever since. Unfortunately for them, the nightmare just got worse, as Fox News reports that Indiana police suspect there may be a connection between the missing girl and a man linked to multiple killings of women:
The Bloomington Police Department said in a press release Thursday that a detective has been assigned to investigate whether murder suspect William Clyde Gibson is linked to Indiana University student Lauren Spierer, who disappeared almost a year ago.
Gibson, 54, was charged last week with murder in the deaths of a 75-year-old family friend found dead April 19 in Gibson’s New Albany, Ind., home, and the 2002 death of a Florida hairdresser whose body was found near the Ohio River.[...]
Bloomington police said there is no known connection between Gibson and Spierer, but said they are still investigating the matter.
“We have no indication that there is any connection to Lauren’s case, but we are certainly interested in anyone who comes to the attention of law enforcement for targeting women as victims,” the department said in a statement obtained by FoxNews.com.
Lauren’s parents, who have done everything they can to discover where their daughter has gone, including setting up a website entitled “Find Lauren,” have yet to react publicly to the revelation. However, lohud.com reports that they no longer believe their daughter is alive.
As for Gibson, if he is guilty of the crimes alleged against him, then the man could have crawled from a bad horror film.
An excerpt from Courier-journal.com fills us in on the dark story behind the crimes this man almost certainly did commit:
Gibson was charged last week with the April 19 murder of 75-year-old Clarksville resident Christine Whitis, whose body was found in his home on Woodbourne Drive, and the October 2002 killing of Florida resident Karen Hodella, whose body was found near the Ohio River in Clarksville in January 2003.
Last Friday police found the body of 35-year-old Stephanie Kirk, of the Charlestown area, buried in the backyard of Gibson’s home.
And worst of all, the FBI is now investigating whether he might have killed anyone else:
Police Chief Sherri Knight said in a news release that the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit, popularized in the television series “Criminal Minds,” has been asked to help.
Terrifying stuff. And how tragic that one more missing girl might have been a victim of this disgusting individual.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 496 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 381 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 175 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 301 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Stocks end lower as investors reassess Fed worries
- NASA head views progress on asteroid lasso mission
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss, upbeat sales
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Body of 2nd child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- David Beckham bids au revoir to soccer
- Gap's 1st-quarter profits rises 43 percent
- Committee hits stretch run for NY-NJ Super Bowl