Steve Jobs Stars as FDR in Internal Apple Commercial
An internal spin-off of Apple’s Super Bowl commercial “1984″ has been released as an exclusive to Network World. In “1944,” Steve Jobs himself stars as FDR.
The commercial was filmed to showcase the WWII battle of “good vs. IBM” and is reported to have cost $50,000 to produce for an internal sales force meeting for the company in 1984.
Watch this short clip of from the nine-minute film:
Here’s some background on the content of the film from Network World’s Paul McNamara:
Anyone who’s seen the TV commercial no doubt recognized in this film the reprised role of the female hammer thrower, although I’m not sure if it’s actually Anya Major from “1984.” And, if you recall, Apple’s famous ad ended with a narrator intoning: “On January 24th, Apple Computer will release Macintosh. And you’ll see why 1984 won’t be like ’1984.’ ” As you just saw, this film begins: “On January 24, 1984, Apple Computer introduced Macintosh. And we saw why 1984 was like … 1944.”
If you don’t know the Macintosh commercial McNamara references (or need a refresher), see it here:
In addition to Jobs and some professional actors, Network World points out former vice president of marketing Mike Murray plays The General.
Network World reports former Apple employee Craig Elliott, who is now the CEO of Pertino Networks, said he had “never seen the film anywhere else” and didn’t know of any other place it would have been circulated. McNamara writes he too couldn’t find it anywhere else on the Web, which is not to say it’s not out there somewhere. He does acknowledge that two bits of “1944″ appeared in a photo tribute to Jobs for his 30th birthday.
Watch the full commercial:
McNamara has pulled together the dialogue of the short. Read it here.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 499 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 460 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 453 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 339 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 183 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 118 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 115 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Canadian trucking company says it had permits
- Oil falls below $94 on weak outlook for demand
- AP source: FIFA task force seeks 5-game racism ban
- World stocks lower after big sell-off
- Chile blocks world's highest mine project
- Actress Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss