Police Nab 14-Year-Old Boy Who Burgled Between 50 and 100 Homes…Using a Go-Kart as His Getaway Vehicle
Nashville police say they have finally managed to identify and arrest a serial burglar stalking the streets…a 14-year-old boy in a go-kart, apparently.
The Daily Mail elaborates:
According to authorities, the suspect, whose name is not being released because he is a minor, broke into anywhere between 50 and 100 homes in northern Nashville over the past two years.
They say the 14-year-old was also suspected in multiple cases of vandalism and theft in the Hope Gardens, Buena Vista and Salemtown neighborhoods.
According to the TV station WKRN, the suspected teen bandit was arrested on Friday morning after a neighbor reported seeing him sneaking around a back alley. Police found a kitchen knife and a pair of gloves in his possession.
Police said the teen would scope out a house to target, kick in the back door, rush inside and steal video games, flat-screen TVs and whatever else he could lay his hands on.
‘He’s tested the waters and tested our resources, definitely,’ Metro Police Lieutenant Horace Temple told the TV station WSMV.
The youth is described an orphan in need of someone to look up to.
Temple explained: “The child didn’t have a mentor or any kind of guidance in his life, and it kind of led to the life of crime on the streets.”
But now, the boy faces a slew of serious charges including aggravated burglary, burglary, theft and possession of burglary tools.
“We work too hard for what we have, and then for someone to take it or destroy it from you, I mean, that’s not right,” a neighbor remarked.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 998 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 437 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 392 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 293 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 158 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 186 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 102 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Fire chief says search almost complete in Oklahoma
- Protesters rally over IRS' tea party scrutiny
- JPMorgan's Dimon survives shareholder referendum
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Microsoft touts Xbox One as all-in-1 entertainment
- Arias asks jury to give her life in prison
- Committee nears final vote on immigration bill
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes