Is This Why the White House Reportedly Requires Unborn Babies be Registered for Visitor Tours?
The Washington Free Beacon is reporting something sure to offend pro-choice advocates — namely, that the White House seemingly requires pregnant visitors to register their unborn babies separately, as a distinct human beings. But is there a more plausible explanation? We think we might have found it.
Let’s start from the beginning. The Free Beacon references White House Visitors Office director Ellie Schafer in an email explaining the process for registering an “unborn fetus” while on a White House tour:
We have received a number of calls regarding how to enter security information for a baby that has not yet been born.
Crazy as it may sound, you MUST include the baby in the overall count of guests in the tour. It’s an easy process.
LAST NAME: The family’s last name
- FIRST NAME: “Baby” as a first name
- MIDDLE NAME: NMN as in No Middle Name
- DOB: Use the date you are submitting the request to us as their birthday
- GENDER: if the parents know put that gender down if not, you can enter either M or F as we’ll ask you to update it at the time of birth
- SOCIAL: As they will not have a SSN and are under 18, you will not need to enter this field. Again if the spreadsheet asked for a social enter 9 zero’s (not the word nine zeros but 000000000 and yes it happens!)
- CITIZEN/CITY/STATE: The citizen, city and state should be entered the same as the parents
Schafer apparently wrote this in an email to a Capitol Hill staffer Tuesday morning, concluding:
Once, the baby is born, you should send an email to the VO inbox with the tour request ID number, the baby’s given name, their actual birthday and gender. We can then update the newborn guest’s information within our system. Please note that any changes to security information for newborns must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
The president is pro-abortion, and has said he does not want his daughters to be “punished with a baby” if they “make a mistake.” Seeing as abortion is acceptable in such circles primarily because an unborn baby is not considered an independent person, it is quite ironic that the White House is seemingly adamant about registering them as distinct from their mothers.
Or is it?
Another explanation for the email is possible. Consider that this could be the White House requiring women who pre-arrange tours before their babies are born to register them in the above manner if they plan to bring them along on the tour after they are born. This seemingly matches with the last paragraph, which asks for updated security information “at least 48 hours in advance.” It would also make sense that the baby would then have an “actual” birthday and “given name” as that same paragraph references.
What do you think?
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 497 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 479 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 383 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 320 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 183 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 315 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 126 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Senator: Assaults let military culture continue
- WHO: Scientific red tape mars efforts vs. virus
- Obama lifts ban on Guantanamo transfers to Yemen
- Wyden: FracFocus a 'constructive' tool on drilling
- Heat, Pacers say Game 2 should be even better
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Kids, teachers from devastated school reunite
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener