Putin Celebrated His Presidential Win by Playing a Possibly-Rigged Hockey Game
The Russian Federation has a new and yet oddly familiar president. Vladimir Putin was sworn into a third term in the office he previously occupied for two consecutive terms (2000-2004, 2004-2008).
How did the Russian President celebrate his return to power? With a hockey game featuring a bunch of amateurs (Putin’s team) playing against some of the greatest Russian hockey players still alive and skating.
Putin’s love for hockey is something new. The President just recently started playing the game and yet he managed to keep up with his team of skilled amateurs as well as the Russian pros. And in an amazing display of athletic skills worthy of those often trumpeted by North Korea’s now-deceased Kim Jong il, Putin scored a goal within seconds of stepping on the ice. The roaring crowd cheered as #11 (Putin) also added an assist and then was given the chance to win the tied match on a penalty shot.
Putin pal, Silvio Berlusconi was also on hand to witness this amazing display of athletic prowess.
(The woman next to the former leader of Italy is described as his “translator.”)
Watch as the President skates in and scores the winning goal on a penalty shot. Imagine what the veteran goalie was thinking as the former KGB honcho turned commander in chief was approaching with the puck. (Note: the video of Putin’s game winning goal is not seen in slow-motion… That’s exactly how slowly the President was skating!)
Highlights from the Telegraph:
Let’s not forget that Mr. Putin is often seen in macho situations.
Last August, on his first scuba dive, Putin “found” two antique vases. It was later admitted to be a stunt.
And then there were the shirtless pics of Putin from 2009.
The snarky and clever folks at TMZ.com called these shots “Shirtless In Siberia” and also pointed out the Russian leader’s “moobs.”
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 397 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner