‘Anger, Shock & Revulsion’: Jewish Campus Posters Defaced With Swastika & Anti-Semitic Message at Portland State
Decades after the Holocaust unfolded at the hands of Adolf Hitler and his Nazi Party, some still choose to use swastikas and other related symbolism to disparage and intimidate Jews. This is exactly what seems to be unfolding at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon.
GBTV contributor and CBN News host Erick Stakelbeck is slated to speak at the school on Monday, May 14. The journalist and commentator was invited by the university’s Christians United for Israel (CUFI) chapter to discuss the Middle East and the ongoing threats faced by the Israeli state.
In the days leading up to the event, a curious thing happened. When the group put up posters advertising Stakelbeck’s appearance, they were defaced with swastikas and pro-Palestinian messaging.
On his CBN blog, the host shared details about the bizarre actions taken against his speech. The posters, which feature the American and Israeli flags and Stakelbeck’s image, now also have a hand-scrawled slogan that reads, “Never again includes Palestine.”
Where to begin? First off, a Jewish student was the first to discover the defaced flyers. Imagine the anger, shock and revulsion he must have felt to see the symbol of Nazi Germany–perpetrator of a Holocaust that nearly eliminated his people from the face of the earth–superimposed over the Star of David. What did he and every other Jewish student on the Portland State campus feel when they were greeted by such a menacing image? They have clearly been marked for harassment and intimidation, if not worse. It also sends a chilling message to Christian supporters of Israel, including myself, to watch their backs: “You are not welcome here.”
Second, this kind of vandalism and anti-Semitic rhetoric has become commonplace on college campuses throughout the country, as has open support for jihadist genocide against the Jews. How bad is it? This bad. Comparing Israel to Nazi Germany due to Israel’s supposed oppression of the Palestinians (a “genocide” that is “worse than the Holocaust,” as some pro-Palestinian fanatics have told me in the past) is a favorite tactic of radical Islamists and their allies on the radical left. Notice the slogan scrawled on the poster above: “Never again includes Palestinians.” The term “never again” is commonly used by Jews as a reminder that the days of pogroms, genocides and forced expulsions are over–thanks in large part to the existence of Israel–and can never be allowed to return. For pro-Palestinian radicals to co-opt it and suggest that Israelis are the equivalent of the greatest Jew-hating machine of all time is not just insensitive and absurd: it’s pure evil.
Stakelbeck goes on in the piece to warn anti-Semites that “this is not 1944″ and that “Bible-believing Christians will not sit idly by in shameful silence and watch as Jews are threatened, once again, with extinction.” He also encouraged readers to get involved in CUFI on Campus’ efforts.
These developments come after an April article in which The Blaze reported that Portland State University is offering a course entitled, “Revolutionary Marxism: Theory and Practice.” The class, as noted in the syllabus, provides “an emphasis on the practical applications of Marxist Theory in local political struggle.”
Considering the existence of the course, Stakelbeck writes, “…it’s not surprising that good little Leftists–who are invariably hostile to Israel — are being produced” at the school.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 460 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 443 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 253 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lenovo says quarterly profit up 90 percent
- Japan stocks dive after benchmark bond yield spike
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 2 more arrested
- 2011 jail breaks become political issue in Egypt
- Asia shares slide, Nikkei down 7.3 percent, as Japan bond yields rise, China factories weaken
- Japan bond yields jump following Fed comments
- Submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists
- Police: Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan