‘Hit Her Again!’ Angry Video Shows S.C. Union Leader Smashing Gov. ‘Nikki Haley’ Pinata
Amid calls for more civility in politics, the president of South Carolina’s AFL-CIO has been caught on tape bashing a pinata with the face of South Carolina governor Nikki Haley as a crowd cheers and encourages her.
“She looks like a tough old girl, here” Donna Dewitt, the union official, says while adjusting the pinata for a perfect smash.
“Well, whack her harder!” says an unnamed voice. “Wait until her face comes around, whap her!”
After the “head” spins from a direct hit, Dewitt lets out a “woop!” and the crowd yells: “Give her another whack! Give her another whack! Hit her again! Hit her again! That one’s for me!”
After the likeness falls onto a nearby table, Dewitt proceeds to bash it with her purple bat until it’s flattened.
The national office of the AFL-CIO is not pleased with its South Carolina president, according to the Free Times.
“Do you think we can get this video pulled,” a national AFL-CIO official reportedly asked in an email to Palmetto State union sources.
Apparently, there were concerns it would be “picked up by tea partiers, maybe even Haley herself, to attack labor again.”
While the original video (which shows the metaphorical beating of the governor once she’s down on the table) has been disabled by request, you can still watch it on YouTube.
Otherwise, here is a different angle that shows most of the event:
Seemingly oblivious to the desires of her union, Dewitt issued a comment to the Free Times: “[Haley] has been whacking at us since she realized how much money the business PACs can contribute in South Carolina…We felt justified in taking a whack back.”
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 465 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 370 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 330 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 105 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 210 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 105 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 108 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Cannes crime: 2nd jewel theft during film festival
- James, Bryant voted to All-NBA first team
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Israel says Iran unaffected by world pressure
- House backs variable rate student loans
- Obama condemns 'appalling attack' on UK soldier