‘Hit Her Again!’ Angry Video Shows S.C. Union Leader Smashing Gov. ‘Nikki Haley’ Pinata
Amid calls for more civility in politics, the president of South Carolina’s AFL-CIO has been caught on tape bashing a pinata with the face of South Carolina governor Nikki Haley as a crowd cheers and encourages her.
“She looks like a tough old girl, here” Donna Dewitt, the union official, says while adjusting the pinata for a perfect smash.
“Well, whack her harder!” says an unnamed voice. “Wait until her face comes around, whap her!”
After the “head” spins from a direct hit, Dewitt lets out a “woop!” and the crowd yells: “Give her another whack! Give her another whack! Hit her again! Hit her again! That one’s for me!”
After the likeness falls onto a nearby table, Dewitt proceeds to bash it with her purple bat until it’s flattened.
The national office of the AFL-CIO is not pleased with its South Carolina president, according to the Free Times.
“Do you think we can get this video pulled,” a national AFL-CIO official reportedly asked in an email to Palmetto State union sources.
Apparently, there were concerns it would be “picked up by tea partiers, maybe even Haley herself, to attack labor again.”
While the original video (which shows the metaphorical beating of the governor once she’s down on the table) has been disabled by request, you can still watch it on YouTube.
Otherwise, here is a different angle that shows most of the event:
Seemingly oblivious to the desires of her union, Dewitt issued a comment to the Free Times: “[Haley] has been whacking at us since she realized how much money the business PACs can contribute in South Carolina…We felt justified in taking a whack back.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 513 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 474 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 465 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 324 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 293 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 119 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 218 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Judge orders more monitoring for Cowboys DT
- Damage reported from magnitude-5.7 quake in Calif.
- Syria targeted Israeli jeep going to rebel village
- Nadal could get Djokovic in French Open semifinals
- Woman in Berlusconi case denies her own statements
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Latest 'Bachelorette' won't say if she's engaged
- Netflix hoping for memorable Memorial Day weekend