‘Hit Her Again!’ Angry Video Shows S.C. Union Leader Smashing Gov. ‘Nikki Haley’ Pinata
Amid calls for more civility in politics, the president of South Carolina’s AFL-CIO has been caught on tape bashing a pinata with the face of South Carolina governor Nikki Haley as a crowd cheers and encourages her.
“She looks like a tough old girl, here” Donna Dewitt, the union official, says while adjusting the pinata for a perfect smash.
“Well, whack her harder!” says an unnamed voice. “Wait until her face comes around, whap her!”
After the “head” spins from a direct hit, Dewitt lets out a “woop!” and the crowd yells: “Give her another whack! Give her another whack! Hit her again! Hit her again! That one’s for me!”
After the likeness falls onto a nearby table, Dewitt proceeds to bash it with her purple bat until it’s flattened.
The national office of the AFL-CIO is not pleased with its South Carolina president, according to the Free Times.
“Do you think we can get this video pulled,” a national AFL-CIO official reportedly asked in an email to Palmetto State union sources.
Apparently, there were concerns it would be “picked up by tea partiers, maybe even Haley herself, to attack labor again.”
While the original video (which shows the metaphorical beating of the governor once she’s down on the table) has been disabled by request, you can still watch it on YouTube.
Otherwise, here is a different angle that shows most of the event:
Seemingly oblivious to the desires of her union, Dewitt issued a comment to the Free Times: “[Haley] has been whacking at us since she realized how much money the business PACs can contribute in South Carolina…We felt justified in taking a whack back.”
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 441 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 422 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 404 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 162 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 134 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 125 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 242 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 264 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 115 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber
- Emails show AEG lawyer called Jackson a 'freak'
- FBI: Arrest made in Wash. ricin letter scare
- Talk of lies, pride as Trump case goes to jury
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team
- 3rd grader who loved to sing among tornado victims
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes