‘Hit Her Again!’ Angry Video Shows S.C. Union Leader Smashing Gov. ‘Nikki Haley’ Pinata
Amid calls for more civility in politics, the president of South Carolina’s AFL-CIO has been caught on tape bashing a pinata with the face of South Carolina governor Nikki Haley as a crowd cheers and encourages her.
“She looks like a tough old girl, here” Donna Dewitt, the union official, says while adjusting the pinata for a perfect smash.
“Well, whack her harder!” says an unnamed voice. “Wait until her face comes around, whap her!”
After the “head” spins from a direct hit, Dewitt lets out a “woop!” and the crowd yells: “Give her another whack! Give her another whack! Hit her again! Hit her again! That one’s for me!”
After the likeness falls onto a nearby table, Dewitt proceeds to bash it with her purple bat until it’s flattened.
The national office of the AFL-CIO is not pleased with its South Carolina president, according to the Free Times.
“Do you think we can get this video pulled,” a national AFL-CIO official reportedly asked in an email to Palmetto State union sources.
Apparently, there were concerns it would be “picked up by tea partiers, maybe even Haley herself, to attack labor again.”
While the original video (which shows the metaphorical beating of the governor once she’s down on the table) has been disabled by request, you can still watch it on YouTube.
Otherwise, here is a different angle that shows most of the event:
Seemingly oblivious to the desires of her union, Dewitt issued a comment to the Free Times: “[Haley] has been whacking at us since she realized how much money the business PACs can contribute in South Carolina…We felt justified in taking a whack back.”
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,038 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 254 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 166 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 114 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 103 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 136 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, chilly spring hurts sales
- US auto factories cutting back on summer downtime
- Chinese premier visits Pakistan, praises ties
- EU leaders discuss fight against tax evasion
- Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Diplomats: Iran expands nuke technology