O’Reilly: Occupy Wall Street Protesters ‘Are Terrorists’
Over the past few days, the NATO summit has brought along with it a fair share of protests to Chicago, Illinois. On Monday, there were already nearly 50 arrests, as Occupy adherents, among others, converged to voice their displeasure on a variety of fronts. While there was plenty of peaceful resistance, there were also some concerning developments, including: allegations of bomb plots, a cop getting stabbed in the leg and – an alleged “Kill Glenn Beck” t-shirt, among other troubling elements.
But violence and bizarre antics haven’t been uncommon at Occupy events. Still, the White House has been strangely silent about these more volatile developments. During a press conference on Monday, President Barack Obama took a laissez faire approach to the intense protests, claiming that they represent “free speech and the freedom of assembly.”
While this, in its most organic sense, may certainly be true, Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly contends that the president owe’s America a different — and more pertinent — answer regarding his stance on the ongoing Occupy angst.
“The president should be answering the question, ‘Do you still support the Occupy Wall Street movement?,’ because in the beginning he did,” O’Reilly said via telephone on his program Monday night (Laura Ingraham was filling in for him). “When he’s asked about the protesters he gives an answer that doesn’t say one way or the other whether he approves of this kind of thing.”
The television host went on to describe an encounter he had with an Occupy protester on Friday evening. While exiting the “Jesus Christ Superstar” Broadway theater with three children who had accompanied him, O’Reilly claimed that he was confronted by an individual associated with the Occupy movement. Despite telling the man that there were children present, he said that the protester came within inches of his face and subsequently chased his car down the street.
O’Reilly said that situations like this are happening across America. He suspected that the individual was informed of his presence inside of the theater, that the encounter was planned and that he wanted O’Reilly to attack him.
“But what I’m trying to say is not just about me — this Occupy Wall Street movement is now very coordinated and they are terrorists,” O’Reilly said. “They are trying to create trouble, that’s what terrorists do.”
Watch O’Reilly make these statements, below (around 2:00):
(H/T: Fox News Insider)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 431 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 396 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 316 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 309 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 122 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 118 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 227 Comments
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 232 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Carney: Criticism of IRS response 'legitimate'
- Senate rejects bid to let states run food stamps
- Congo fighting persists as UN chief arrives
- Pentagon: New record plan won't help vet backlog
- Kerry: US, allies ready to step up aid to rebels
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- House takes up GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- LA mayor-elect says he'll focus on economy