Couple’s Amazing Wedding Photos Capture Tornado Swirling in the Background!
Some outdoor weddings are moved inside due to thunder and rain but the even more violent threat of a tornado wasn’t about to stop this couple from tying the knot.
KWCH-TV reports groom Caleb Pence and bride Candra, who held a wedding in the town of Harper, Kansas, on Saturday, knew the tornado was a few miles away and not heading in their direction. As with any event that takes months of planning, the show must go on. Not letting the storm faze them, the newlyweds got once-in-a-lifetime wedding photographs.
KAKE (via ABC News) reported Caleb saying he wasn’t concerned about the tornado as he had grown up with them his whole life. His bride, on the other hand, hails from Nebraska and hadn’t seen one in person before:
“It was very classic: boots, jeans, wheat and tornado. You can’t get any better than that for Kansas,” [Caleb's mother Carla said.]
Here is footage of part of the ceremony and the tornado:
Check out this other version from a cousin in the family who seems a bit more worried than everyone else about the tornadoes:
Carla told KWCH, “this is just who we are — wheat farmers who live in Kansas and we have tornadoes.”
Although the tornado didn’t put a stop to the wedding, it did damage a neighboring farm a few miles away.
The couple’s photos have begun going viral with even the Weather Channel requesting the snapshots. The Pence’s are now enjoying their honeymoon.
The videos in this post have been updated.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 480 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 422 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 385 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 306 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 113 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 112 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 216 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 198 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 113 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Inaugural tournament cut to 54 holes
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly path
- Jennifer Lopez to open cellphone stores
- Kerry: US, allies ready to step up aid to rebels
- A divided Fed wrestles with when to slow bond buys
- Obama to honor Carole King at White House concert
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill