Graphic: Surveillance Footage Shows Entire Violent Attack by Naked Cannibal in Florida
The Miami Herald has released terrifying surveillance footage of the entire gruesome attack on a homeless man Saturday, in which a naked man on drugs named Rudy Eugene literally ate another man’s face in Florida.
At eighteen minutes long, the uncensored video also helps determine exactly what happened that day.
According to CBSMiami, Eugene had driven to South Beach the morning of the attack to check out the Memorial Day weekend festivities, but was unable to start his car to make a return trip. Leaving his sedan to be towed, Eugene seemingly decided to attempt the roughly three mile trek on foot.
It was a hot day, with temperatures in the 90′s, and a long walk…As he walked across the causeway, [police] said he started stripping, leaving his clothes on the walkway and in the road.
Cops found his drivers license and clothes strewn from the beach to the mainland.
Had he not abandoned his car, Eugene likely would have driven right past the spot along the causeway under the elevated track of the MetroMover where he met Robert Poppo about 2 p.m.
Instead, on foot, he ran into the 68 year old homeless man, who police believe he’d never seen until that moment. It was at that point that police believe Eugene set in motion the events that led to his death at the hands of police and Poppo’s gruesome mutilation.
Here is the video. And while the camera is located too far away to make out specifics of the attack, it does eventually zoom in and is disturbing:
The horrifying footage shows 31-year-old Rudy Eugene striking homeless Ronald Poppo, removing his pants, then brutalizing his face in broad daylight for roughly 18 minutes as traffic continued on the busy MacArthur Causeway.
More specifically, the Huffington Post summarizes:
[Footage] picks up a fully naked Eugene just before 2 p.m. as he walked down the exit ramp on the other side of the bridge. Pausing in a shady spot, he reels or spins slightly as a bicyclist whizzes by, then is mostly lost to sight as he bends over the homeless Poppo where he sat or lay on the ground.
About two minutes, later, however, Eugene rolls Poppo into the middle of the sidewalk. He appears to strip away some of the older man’s clothing and then savage his face as Poppo futilely resists. Several minutes later, Eugene again drags Poppo farther down the sidewalk and continues to attack him before another cyclist rolls slowly by and a white car pauses on the off-ramp, just on the other side of a short wall separating the roadway from the bike path.
Gruesome photos circulating the web would later confirm most of Poppo’s face, including his nose, eyes, and mouth, was ripped away, in what Miami’s Fraternal Order of Police vice president Sgt. Javier Ortiz told the Associated Press was of the “goriest scenes I’ve ever been to.” Poppo remains in critical condition.
“He had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth,” said Sgt. Armando Aguilar, Miami FOP president. “In my opinion, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.”
The Miami Herald is also reporting that at least five different people called the police, and while police suspect Eugene was under the influence of a potent drug referred to as “bath salts,” no drugs or paraphernalia were found on the scene.
Toxicology reports will take several weeks.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 574 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 510 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 490 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 375 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 282 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 255 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 145 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- State report: I-5 bridge had gouges, impact damage
- Soldier's slaying prompts UK security review
- Bowie Young, Cavalleri tied in the Bahamas
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Key figures in racial profiling lawsuit in Ariz
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos