MSNBC Anchor Praises NYC’s Large Drink Ban (That Includes Some Coffees) …While Sipping from Giant Starbucks Cup
In between sips of what appears to be a venti (20 ounce) Starbucks coffee, MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski defended New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s proposed ban on sugary drinks larger than 16 ounces (which includes some coffee) as a “great idea.”
“Does anyone want to challenge me on that?” she asked her co-host, Joe Scarborough, and the other panelists.
No one challenged her.
“It’s like drinking a big glass of sugar,” Brzezinski continued, “of poison.”
But she wasn’t done. She really, really thinks the proposed ban is a great idea.
“Does anyone think their kid should drink this entire thing in the course of the day?” she asked, soda in hand. “How about every day? How about three times a week? Well, guess what’s happening out there? That’s what’s happening. And that’s why the majority of the nation’s children are obese.”
But here’s the funny part: it seems the “Morning Joe” crew is not just against sugary drinks, but also against (what they think are) excessively large portions. In fact, they all have a good giggle about how ridiculous it is that someone can go into a convenience store and buy a drink so large that it won’t fit in a car’s cup holder.
But if portions are the problem, then what do you say about Brzezinski’s venti-sized coffee?
Watch the “Morning Joe” segment via Mediaite:
“And with that, Mika Brzezinski gives new life to the term ‘latte-sipping liberal,’” writes Mediaite’s Andrew Kirell. “By capping off the segment with a hearty swig from her large coffee cup, she embodies that exact sort of out-of-touch, ‘good for me but not for thee’ liberal.”
However, it should be noted that under the proposed ban, non-sweetened coffees are exempt (regardless of size). Still, it seems odd that while decrying the size of drinks available for purchase, Brzezinski’s drinking a large cup of coffee.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 436 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 418 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 369 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 127 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 133 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 120 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 234 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 245 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- House passes GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- HP's 2Q offers hope even as revenue slump deepens
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Mexico cartel dominates, torches western state
- Union power at issue as Garcetti elected LA mayor