This Amazing, High-Speed Parallel Parking Job Using a Mini Cooper Just Set a World Record
Many people can say they nearly failed their driver’s test thanks to the parallel parking segment. Those same people probably continue driving around until they find an easier place to pull into rather than do the back-and-forth of a parallel park.
Given that it’s a challenging job, when someone edges into a tight parallel parking space, it is impressive. When someone does it with only a few inches of leeway on either side, it’s jaw dropping. When someone does it at high speed with one simple move, it’s nearly unbelievable.
Enter Han Yue.
According to the Guinness Book of World records parallel parking is one of the most volatile records it has. This record has passed hands five times in the last two years with the most recent victor was named just yesterday.
Just last month Patrik Folco parked in a space that was only 22 centimeters (8.66 inches) longer than the vehicle he was driving. Guinness wrote it seemed to be a record that “looked unlikely to be broken.” That was, until Yue got behind the wheel of a special edition Mini Cooper, aptly named for the task “The Chinese Job.”
Yue now holds an even more impressive record sliding into a space far smaller than Folco’s. It was only 15 cm (5.91 in) larger than his car. This means Yue, if perfectly centered, had less than three inches on either side. Not only that, but he doesn’t pull in slowly either. He whips the car into position.
Check it out:
Although only an elite few have this such talent that will come in handy in crowded urban environments, what about the drivers in front of and behind these cars that have now really wedged them in?
[H/T Hyper Vocal]
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 477 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 386 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 326 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 280 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 196 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 143 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- NY funeral for student accidentally shot by police
- Amid immigration reform, calls to change asylums
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Redford swept away in shipwreck saga 'All Is Lost'
- Maine man appears in court in missing teen's death
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion