Watch Vogue’s Editor-in-Chief Try to Invite Average Obama Supporters to Dinner
On the heels of yet another painfully dismal jobs report, Vogue’s editor-in-chief Anna Wintour made an official campaign video for the president, inviting Obama supporters to a glamorous New York dinner with her, Sex and the City‘s Sarah Jessica Parker, and the first couple.
“Hi, I’m Anna Wintour,” she begins in her peculiar accent, “And I’m so lucky in my work that I’m able to meet some of the most incredible women in the world– women like Sarah Jessica Parker and Michelle Obama.”
These two wonderful women and I are hosting a dinner, along with the president, in New York City to benefit the Obama campaign on June the 14th.
It will be a fantastic evening, and you can join us. We’re saving the two best seats in the house for you, but you have to enter to win. You can enter right now by going to barackobama.com/NewYorkNight.
Sarah Jessica and I both have our own reasons for supporting President Obama, and we want to hear yours. So please join us.
But just don’t be late.
Watch the actual video below, via Newsbusters:
Perhaps the video would not have been as newsworthy in better economic times, but conservative blogs are commenting that, when coupled with the president’s obvious hypocrisy when it comes to private wealth– Republicans should be content with their “fair share,” but democrats can seemingly attend $35,000 events in style– the video somehow smacks of self-declared elites inviting “commoners” to dinner.
That Wintour pitch, coming in the middle of tough economic times, seems to have the same feel as Marie Antoinette offering a couple of peasants a chance to hang out with King Louis XVI and the aristocrats just as the Bastille was being stormed.
The most amazing thing about this Wintour video was it was actually released to the public by the Obama campaign itself.
But, they concede: “perhaps [the Obama campaign] wanted to supply us with more comedy material.”
(H/T: Weasel Zippers)
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 157 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 226 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 101 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea
- Under scrutiny, Va. gov's mansion a dichotomy
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan