Watch Vogue’s Editor-in-Chief Try to Invite Average Obama Supporters to Dinner
On the heels of yet another painfully dismal jobs report, Vogue’s editor-in-chief Anna Wintour made an official campaign video for the president, inviting Obama supporters to a glamorous New York dinner with her, Sex and the City‘s Sarah Jessica Parker, and the first couple.
“Hi, I’m Anna Wintour,” she begins in her peculiar accent, “And I’m so lucky in my work that I’m able to meet some of the most incredible women in the world– women like Sarah Jessica Parker and Michelle Obama.”
These two wonderful women and I are hosting a dinner, along with the president, in New York City to benefit the Obama campaign on June the 14th.
It will be a fantastic evening, and you can join us. We’re saving the two best seats in the house for you, but you have to enter to win. You can enter right now by going to barackobama.com/NewYorkNight.
Sarah Jessica and I both have our own reasons for supporting President Obama, and we want to hear yours. So please join us.
But just don’t be late.
Watch the actual video below, via Newsbusters:
Perhaps the video would not have been as newsworthy in better economic times, but conservative blogs are commenting that, when coupled with the president’s obvious hypocrisy when it comes to private wealth– Republicans should be content with their “fair share,” but democrats can seemingly attend $35,000 events in style– the video somehow smacks of self-declared elites inviting “commoners” to dinner.
That Wintour pitch, coming in the middle of tough economic times, seems to have the same feel as Marie Antoinette offering a couple of peasants a chance to hang out with King Louis XVI and the aristocrats just as the Bastille was being stormed.
The most amazing thing about this Wintour video was it was actually released to the public by the Obama campaign itself.
But, they concede: “perhaps [the Obama campaign] wanted to supply us with more comedy material.”
(H/T: Weasel Zippers)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 533 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 459 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 347 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Socialists try to form new govt in Bulgaria
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed
- Sorrentino serves up a cinema banquet at Cannes
- Stock slump continues on Wall Street
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- UEFA introduces minimum ban for racist abuse