Did You Know 33 Million Americans Aren’t Registered to Vote?: In Stage 2, Beck Urges People to ‘Activate’
Despite their patriotism, knowledge of politics and reverence for the Constitution, nearly half of a group of 41,000 donors to a GOP candidate were reportedly not registered to vote. Likewise, similar statistics are reportedly plaguing other right-leaning organizations, which are seeing at least 20-30% of their membership registered to vote. This election season, Glenn Beck thinks statistics like these are doubly frightening, as if they would likely ensure Barack Obama’s reelection.
Currently, some 33 million — or, 14% of Americans of voting age — believe they are registered to vote but are not. Beck outline how critical this point is by explaining that the during the 2000 election, George W. Bush won by a mere 537 votes — or 0.009% — in Florida. In New Mexico, the disparity was even narrower with only 363 votes. Beck then invoked John F. Kennedy’s 0.16% victory over Richard Nixon.
The message from Beck to viewers was clear: Register to vote. In other words, “activate.”
It comes as no surprise that Liberals are considered effective organizers (as indicated by Van Jones growing Rebuild The Dream movement). With the ability to rally their base and embark on successful voter registration drives (of both the legitimate and non-legitimate variety), the left has cornered the market on mobilization.
Beck, who believes Americans are in the fight of their lives (fight for our lives) – said we’re witnessing firsthand the fundamental transformation of America. You might recall from The Blaze’s earlier articles on “The Road We Are Traveling,” that fundamental transformation is a key tenet of the progressive movement as it drives America toward a European-style Socialist “utopia.” Members of the left, meanwhile, will fervently continue to sell the narrative that Capitalism has failed, that the Department of Justice is, well, all about justice, that Obama is in fact conservative, and just about any other Orwellian version of reality they can conjure up.
Conservatives must activate
Beck believes everyone including, disillusioned Democrats, Libertarians, Independents, and conservatives must be better than their ideological opposites in order to secure victory in 2012 and ensure that the presidential election will send a clear mandate to Washington, and to progressives across the country with a landslide victory. To this end, Beck unveiled the second phase of his four-part plan Tuesday evening with an emphasis on activation — especially through voter registration.
He urged Americans to find out if they are registered to vote and if not, register themselves, and include four friends in the process. Beck has partnered with David Barton’s WallBuilders.com , which provides all the tools needed to help people register to vote. Printable forms are also available, as is an option to “adopt a schlub.” Beck noted that the site is both simple and engaging, making it entertaining and easy for people to participate.
While the primary excuse given by registered voters who fail to make it to the polls is that they are “too busy.” Beck wondered what could be more important than taking 15 minutes of the day to vote, especially in the most significant election to date.
- Become part of the Tea Party movement the week of Restoring Love: FreePac & the Constitutional Conference
- I want to join a team – 9/12 Project, FreedomWorks, or a local Tea Party
It can be done and “you are the key.”
The threat is imminent
Invoking a new Blaze article that details how former green jobs “czar” Van Jones is building a progressive economic movement, Beck reminded viewers that the left, along with the mainstream media, has been bent on painting the Tea Party as extremists. This is done because the Tea Party has occupied the space progressives themselves wish to occupy.
Recalling how Libertarians have helped to thwart career politicians like Orrin Hatch and Dick Luger from remaining in the halls of Washington indefinitely, Beck praised the efforts of groups like the Tea Party, FreedomWorks and 9-12 Projects who have acted as “significant” movers in the political equation.
As the season’s races begin to heat up, Beck urged viewers who don’t yet belong to FreedomWorks, a 9-12 Project, or the Tea Party to join.
Additional details on how to get involved can be found at GlennBeck.com.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,035 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 310 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 251 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 142 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 104 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Asia stocks rise as Fed official backs easy policy
- Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Pakistani cricket star politician leaves hospital
- Ai Weiwei uses music to mock state power in China
- Egypt TV: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed