‘Tea Bag’ Haters Who Want ‘White Man Rule’: Wis. Union Boss Reacts to Recall at Occupy Rally
A Wisconsin state employees union president let loose about the Tea Party the day after Gov. Scott Walker won his recall election, referring to gatherings as a “tea bag” and saying its members are “a bunch of haters…that want to go back to the 50s. White man rule.”
According to video posted online, Gilbert Johnson of the American Federation of State, County, Municipal Employees Local 82 was speaking at an Occupy Milwaukee rally. He praised its members for being multiracial and instructed everyone present to “hug” the person next to them:
You never see this at a tea bag, man. What you have is a bunch of haters, people that tell lies, people that want to go back to the 50s. White man rule. White man only.
In the good state of Wisconsin, we have people that lie, they want money and they care about themselves. You know, the statistic came out that the minority population will soon be exceeding the white population and all of a sudden we started having guns, and they started ‘let’s get guns, let’s get this castle doctrine, and you know let’s go back to the 50s way where we could just kill people and hang people and go back to that time we tried to get so far away from.
So, you know, that’s what we’re up against. We’re up against people that want to have those kind of people concentrate on those kind of things so they’re not paying attention to their pocketbooks. In the meantime they’re voting for someone who’s taking money out of their pockets, he’s telling them look, you can have guns and you can be hateful and that’s OK in Wisconsin. We’re here to tell him that’s not OK in Wisconsin, it’ll never be OK in Wisconsin…we’re here because we’re saying hell no to hate.
Watch the full speech below:
(h/t Gateway Pundit)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 507 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 472 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 448 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 425 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Workplace Violence? Obama Finally Says Fort Hood Shooting Was ‘Inspired by Larger Notions of Violent Jihad’ Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 104 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 128 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 113 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets That Can Turn You Into a Detective Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Austria wants EU arms embargo to Syria extended
- Multiple aftershocks follow 5.7 quake in N. Calif.
- UK arrests 2 men over incident with Pakistan plane
- World stocks lower after big sell-off
- Zimbabwe activist: Prisoners denied AIDS drugs
- Niger defense minister: Hostages freed in Agadez
- Steely Cotillard shines in 'The Immigrant'
- Czech police say US suspect in 4 murders arrested