Charles Krauthammer Analyzes President Obama’s Reaction to ‘White House Leaks’ Question
After President Obama’s news conference Friday morning, a Fox News panel, including Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Charles Krauthammer, took a moment to analyze one of the most talked-about portions of the presser: the president’s reaction to being asked about whether members of his administration were leaking classified information to help his reelection bid.
“The notion that my White House would purposely release classified national security information is offensive,” the president said.
Krauthammer believes the president’s response was a misstep.
“I think he’ll regret having made this statement the same way he’ll regret the idea about the private sector doing okay,” said the columnist.
Watch Krauthammer’s analysis at the 2:33 mark (via Fox News):
If it is offensive, the idea that it would’ve been leaked, when we know that in the report itself it included White House officials, then let him prove it by having a special council appointed. From what you said, they would’ve said ‘appoint a special council’ (had it been the equivalent of a “Scooter” Libby investigation).
So what does Krauthammer think is the next step in this growing story?
“The key here is (Senator) Dianne Feinstein. If she demands it, it’ll be done,” Krauthammer said.
“And she’s the Democratic Chair of the Senate Intelligence [Committee],” Fox host Chris Wallace clarified.
“She’s the democratic, liberal chair. She’s extremely angry over these leaks, she should be, and she’s the one who needs to speak out right now,” Krauthammer added.
(H/T: The Rightnewz.com)
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 499 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 459 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 452 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 339 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 181 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 116 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Canadian trucking company says it had permits
- Oil falls below $94 on weak outlook for demand
- AP source: FIFA task force seeks 5-game racism ban
- World stocks lower after big sell-off
- Chile blocks world's highest mine project
- Actress Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss