‘God Is Dead’: Catholic Priest Slams Atheism in New Spoken-Word Video Performance
Now, he’s back with a new clip, this time taking aim at atheist activism. His new spoken word clip, entitled, “God is dead,” delves deeply into secularism in an attempt to debunk its claims.
A description of the video reads:
This video is in response to the claims of the “New Atheism.” One that has been presented by the likes of Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens. One who holds faith is NOT irrational. Science and reason are not incompatible with faith — in fact they compliment each other very well because they come from the same source, God. We hope that this video touches the hearts of many people.
“God is dead or a delusion that’s what they say, the opiate of the masses just to get through the day,” Fr. Pontifex says in the opening of the clip.
“Arrogant thinkers who quote scientists, philosophers and more with eloquent articulations and academic insulations with an infantile core,” he adds.
The hip-hopping priest goes on to tackle the commonly-held atheist claim that the world would be a better, safer, calmer and more prosperous place without religion. He charges that those who deny God and faith are actually turning a blind eye to truth.
Here are some of the other lyrics from the video:
But you say without religion peace and harmony will thrive? The Spanish Inquisition three thousand, the Salem witch trials nineteen, but millions upon millions slaughtered in atheistic regimes How dark this world would be without faith, love and Divine light, We all have a conscience discerning what’s wrong and right Each human heart desires much more than this life can’t get, To deny the existence of a Transcendent God is the ultimate opiate, You can numb the minds assent to the truth and faith you can refuse, But In the end man stands between God and nothingness and He must choose.
Watch it, below:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 592 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 395 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 286 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Kuchar leads Colonial without finishing 2nd round
- Penguins oust Sens in five, reach Eastern finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 away from Heat in Miami, 97-93
- Obama's drone rules leave unanswered questions
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair