‘Family-Friendly’ TX Gun Range to Host Birthday Parties for Kids
Forget clowns, magicians, inflatables and Chuck E. Cheese. There will soon be a more unique way for children to celebrate their birthdays. The Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville, Texas, is planning to offer kids as young as 8-years-old the opportunity to host gun-shooting parties.
Later this summer, the range, which is being dubbed “family-friendly,” will make two rooms available for hosting these special birthday experiences. David Prince, who is currently building the new, state-of-the-art gun range, told WFAA-TV that the children’s party offering isn’t just about fun; it’s also about education.
“One of the reasons we’re doing this is, when I had my boys, I didn’t have a place to take them and educate them about how to handle a gun safely,” he said. “I really want families to be able to take their kids here and teach their young shooters how to shoot safely.”
Watch for more from WFAA-TV, below:
For those families who may be nervous to allow their children to host and attend gun-shooting parties, Prince says that there will be safety provisions put into place. Kids won’t be left unattended and they will work with a parent or staff member one-on-one to ensure that they know what they’re doing.
“We’re gonna do a lot of education here at this range,” he said.
A warning on the business’ web site seems to corroborate this pledge:
“Young shooters (under 18 years of age) are ONLY allowed to shoot on the range with their parent or guardian; one young shooter per adult. No children are allowed on the range nor are they to be left unaccompanied in the showroom while adults shoot.”
While locals are excited about the business that the Eagle Gun Range will bring to the area, others, like Dawn McMullan, are nervous. The mother of two has participated in gun control advocacy in the past and she fears that the kids may not fully understand the differences between reality and play.
“It makes me very nervous,” she told WFAA-TV. “I think eight-year-olds, developmentally, can’t tell the difference between play and reality sometimes.”
“And also to put it in a party or game atmosphere just seems to not respect a gun as much as we should respect guns,” she added.
The range is expected to open in late summer or early fall.
(H/T: Huffington Post)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 524 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 485 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 466 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 325 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 115 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 123 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 131 Comments
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Delta ups the ante in battle for NY travel market
- Man charged with stalking Jennifer Lawrence's kin
- A-Rod sells Miami Beach home for $30M
- Snooki: NJ Gov Christie 'just doesn't like us'