Fox News Show Gets Awkward After Host Asks Chris Wallace the Cost of His Talking-While-Driving Ticket
As we mentioned on Thursday, “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace was pulled over for talking on his cellphone while doing a radio interview for a St. Louis station (hear the audio here). At the time he said was about to get arrested, but instead he just got a ticket. On Friday, he joined the crew of “Fox & Friends” to lightheartedly discuss the issue. But instead of being fun, things turned awkward.
It all started when the show started playing siren noises. Wallace, who had opened by trying to be a good sport as the show forced him to listen to the audio on live TV, didn’t take kindly to that.
“Can you drop the sirens? Please drop the sirens,” Wallace pleaded. Then he explained what happened:
“I was running a little late. I have a regular [radio interview] at 9:37 with our affiliate in St. Louis. I was talking to them. I couldn’t pull over because it was street where there was no–. As soon as I made the turn, I pulled over. But a policeman saw me and he came up behind and he said, ‘you’re on your cell phone,’ “I said, ‘I was talking on the radio.’ He said, ‘I don’t care’ – as he shouldn’t have – and he gave me a ticket.”
“What was it,” asked Carlson. “How much?”
“You know, I kind of feel like I’ve said everything I need to say, Gretchen,” replied Wallace.
Carlson tried to save face by saying they were just trying to have “fun.” But after the crew moved on to other topics, they eventually came back and Wallace said, again slightly awkwardly, that he knew the hosts were going to pan him and hinted that he wasn’t looking forward to it. Oh, and the show rewarded him by playing the sound of a jail cell closing.
You can watch most of the awkward banter below via Mediaite:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,000 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 439 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 394 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 293 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 161 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 193 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 102 Comments
- Experienced Heat, upstart Pacers ready to go
- Key senator to let Myanmar sanctions bill lapse
- Arias asks jury to give her life in prison
- Sorrentino, Bruni Tedeschi bring Italy to Cannes
- Correction: Missing Mom-Utah story
- Gay Fla. teen charged for underage girlfriend
- Car bomb, other attacks kill 20 in Iraq
- Top figures barred from Iran's June ballot