(Updated With Explanation) Bloomberg Article Forgets to Remove ‘I’m Making This Up’ Note Before Publishing
The media has been pounded in recent days after several blatantly obvious attempts to spin the national narrative were identified and condemned.
On Monday, for instance, MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell took Mitt Romney wildly out of context to make it seem like he’s never been to a particular convenience store when he was really making a comparison between the public and private sectors, and on Tuesday, a Bloomberg article allegedly left the comment, “(OK?–I’M MAKING THIS UP)” in the text when it was published.
Michelle Malkin grabbed a screen shot:
In case you missed it, the comment is in the second-to-last paragraph, in all caps. However, it has since been removed from the original article.
Now, while conservative media outlets are claiming this is proof the rest of the media “makes up” its information– are they really lying about what the chairman of Saab AB had to say? Perhaps they really are pathological liars, or perhaps it’s just a note the authors, Eric Martin and Nacha Cattan, left for themselves/the editor. You decide.
Either way, it’s a pretty embarrassing editorial mistake on Bloomberg‘s part.
The original Bloomberg article now includes this note: “(Corrects original story published June 19 to delete extraneous editor’s note from paragraph seven. See GMEET for more on the Los Cabos summit.)”
Ty Trippet, Bloomberg News spokesman, emailed The Blaze:
“The story was published with an editor’s note to the reporter that he was
rewriting the paragraph and was meant for the reporter to check its accuracy.
While the paragraph is accurate and we stand by the reporting, the
editor’s choice of words was unfortunate shorthand. As soon as we were aware
this happened, we issued a correction to show that the extraneous language was
removed. We take transparency and accuracy very seriously and appreciate the
opportunity to improve our internal editing practices.”
(H/T: Michelle Malkin)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 233 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 189 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 102 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 123 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 140 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives
- Zimbabwe's president signs new constitution
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- South Sudan warns it may shut down oil flow again
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Czech president settles dispute over gay rights
- Vatican releases 1st report of financial watchdog
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters