Exclusive: S.E. Cupp to Co-Host New MSNBC Show ‘The Cycle’
Over the weekend, rumors began to spread that The Blaze and GBTV’s S.E. Cupp was tapped to co-host a new television show on MSNBC. The notion that the left-leaning network would include Cupp on a regular program surprised conservatives and even had some pledging to tune into a cable network they rarely watch.
On Sunday, Politico initially reported that unnamed network sources leaked information about the new show, claiming that it would commence in the 3 p.m. ET time slot on June 25. On Thursday, The Blaze confirmed in an exclusive interview with S.E. Cupp that these early reports were accurate and that the show, “The Cycle,” is just days away from its premiere.
The news program will feature a permanent cast of four: Author and pundit Touré, Salon’s Steve Kornacki and former Democratic Congressional candidate Krystal Ball, in addition to Cupp. The new program will replace Martin Bashir’s show, which is moving to the 4 p.m. ET time slot.
According to Cupp, all four cast members will appear daily on “The Cycle,” with each taking turns leading the discussion. The main host for the day will open and close the program, potentially lead interviews and take charge of the discussion.
“We’re each going to take a turn hosting the ‘dinner party,’” Cupp explained.
In addition to confirming the show’s details, Cupp expressed enthusiasm for her new role and discussed the importance of her ability to connect with a divergent audience.
“I think it’s incredibly important to go into quote-on-quote unfriendly territory sometimes so that you can have meaningful conversations,” she said. “If you just talk in a room full of friends, I don’t know that you really accomplish anything.”
So far, conservatives have reacted quite positively to the announcement. Earlier this week, this was illustrated through social media reaction captured by Twitchy. It ranged from surprised to somewhat contended that Cupp will be included in the lineup:
And have no fears GBTV fans. Despite her new role, Cupp will remain a fixture on “Real News From the Blaze.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 573 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 510 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 490 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 375 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 278 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 255 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 145 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- State report: I-5 bridge had gouges, impact damage
- Soldier's slaying prompts UK security review
- Bowie Young, Cavalleri tied in the Bahamas
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Key figures in racial profiling lawsuit in Ariz
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos