Is The DNC Finally Finished With Debbie Wasserman Schultz?
There is considerable momentum building behind reports that DNC chair Debbie Wassermann Schultz will not be returning to her position atop the Democratic National Committee after the Fall election season. And it matters not if Obama wins or loses.
A bit of history on Ms. Wasserman Schultz’s 14 months leading the Democratic National Committee:
- Obama selects Debbie Wasserman Schultz to replace Tim Kaine in April 2011
- Blames Bush for Hamas’ rise to power
- One of several testy media appearances for the DNC chair
- WSJ: Obama adviser tells Debbie Wasserman Schultz to ‘tone it down’
The sentiment has been picked up by the likes of National Journal. And the blog Shark Tank quotes a close associate of Ms. Wasserman Schultz, albeit anonymously, as saying the deal is already done. The Shark Tank story continues:
This same source believes that Wasserman Schultz will be forced to resign behind closed doors and then stage an press event in which she tells Americans that her job as the DNC chair was a temporary one and that she is moving on with her congressional career.
On the topic of the Florida Congresswoman’s career, the second chapter of this story is filled with speculation that her next target is the position of Speaker of the House. National Journal sees considerable potential for a fight atop the Democratic party if Nancy Pelosi decides to retire.
So is Debbie Wasserman Schultz being moved out of the spotlight ahead of the November elections? There is no confirmation from within the DNC or from the White House, but another former DNC Chair seems to be throwing a little gasoline the fire. Earlier this month, Ed Rendell told Philadelphia radio host Chris Stigall that former RNC Chairman Michael Steele was “effective” during his tenure at that post. However, Rendell added that some of the strong comments made by Rep. Wasserman Schultz questioning Mitt Romney’s qualifications to be President were not helpful.
“I think in the end, you’ve got to be credible. There’s nobody out there who thinks that Governor Romney is unqualified.”
That said, could it be that the confrontational congresswoman from Florida is merely shifting her focus in preparation for a push to unseat the 71-year-old Nancy Pelosi as the voice that leads House Democrats? Maybe.
It should be noted that Ms. Wasserman Schultz must be re-elected to serve Florida’s 20th Congressional District before she can challenge Pelosi or anyone else hoping to lead the House Democrats. According to the (unscientific) online poll Elections Meter, Wasserman Schultz has a declining popularity rate that may not bode well for her in the coming November election.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 397 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 333 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools