Eric Holder Puts Kids to Sleep With Speech (Watch It Here)
Members of the Boys and Girls Club of America got the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder speak at one of their events in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday. Unfortunately, a number of them missed it –– because his speech seemingly put them to sleep, CBS Washington reports.
Holder was welcomed with a decent round of applause but the claps soon turned to snores despite the attorney general’s decision to open his speech with an enthusiastic, “What’s up!”
Pictures snapped during the event at the Grand Hyatt Washington, where the attorney general spoke to about 700 people, apparently show a number of young people sleeping and or appearing extremely bored while Holder is delivering his remarks.
The event brought together children from 41 military-affiliated youth programs across the country in the nation’s capital. Holder was the keynote speaker.
“At a time when so many of America’s youth face significant obstacles and unprecedented barriers to success, I believe the need for positive and effective mentors like so many of the people in this room could hardly be more clear and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our kids could not be greater,” said Holder in his speech.
The talk probably wasn’t the highlight of Holder’s week (or career). But the week probably won’t get any better as the House will vote Thursday on whether or not to hold him in contempt and it isn’t looking good. Republicans have expressed strong support for the contempt resolution and even some Democrats have indicated they will break ranks and vote with their opposition.
If you can stay awake, you can watch all of Holder’s speech here:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 397 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner