Sarah Palin Takes on Health Care During ‘The Five’ (And You’ll Want to Hear Her Advice for George Stephanopoulos)
Sarah Palin appeared on Fox’s ‘The Five’ Friday, where she discussed the president’s new health care law, its implications, and how it can be overturned.
After explaining how she can see “both sides” of the conservative argument– both that the bill should not have been passed, but at least it was passed as a tax– Palin discussed the “deceptive” way the bill was sold to the American people. For instance, the president repeatedly assured the public that the measure was not a tax increase, when that is exactly what it was deemed by the Supreme Court.
“Governor, the deception– does that include death panels there that were never real, that you said were in the bill?” Bob Beckel asked, trying to stump Palin.
Without missing a beat, Palin responded: “There is a faceless bureaucratic panel – the acronym is the IPAB, and the IPAB…will tell you, Bob, whether your level of productivity in society is worthy of receiving their rationed care that will be the result of Obamacare…It defies all economic and common sense to ever consider that care won’t be rationed when, obviously, with more and more enrollees in the program and fewer and fewer services being provided, because it will be so inefficient and expensive and bureaucratic…it will be rationed.”
From there, Greg Gutfeld mentioned a report saying that 100,000 elderly patients are euthanized prematurely in the U.K. because they don’t have enough beds.
“Inevitably, this is what happens,” he noted, before adding: “Can someone lie if they didn’t know what they were talking about or doing?”
Watch the entire segment, via Mediaite, below:
From there, Palin called out George Stephanopolous for a memorable interview in which the president insulted him for suggesting that the health care bill was a tax.
“He tried to school George, he got in his face and he said: ‘This isn’t a tax, what are you talking about? Quit spinning this, George,’” Palin recalled.
“I expect George to step up and say: ‘President Obama, you were wrong then or you lied to me, meaning you lied to the people of America. Are you going to correct yourself now?’”
The ‘Five’ group said that, from Stephanopolous, it would be unwise to “hold your breath.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 594 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 397 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 333 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools