Berserk Naked Man Breaks Pregnant Woman’s Legs During Wild, Ranting, AZ Carjacking Spree
Some stories just leave you shaking your head in awe, confusion and perplexity. This is one of them.
On Friday, a naked man caused a serious ruckus in Scottsdale, Arizona, when he went on a bizarre and dangerous rampage. According to police, the suspect, John Brigham, 45, caused major car accidents, stripped naked, jumped on top of a car and hijacked a Toyota Prius — and these are only a few of the details.
Let’s do a play-by-play, as the events are so bizarre and convoluted that it’s best to examine the whole mess chronologically. First, Brigham allegedly hit a convertible, ejecting the passenger from the car and leaving him with serious injuries, KTAR reports. But the chaos didn’t end there.
He allegedly got out of his car, stripped naked, jumped on top of a vehicle and took command of the Prius. Brigham apparently pulled the female driver out of the car and then drove away from the scene. Then, just a short time later, he allegedly struck several more vehicles. And when we say “several,” we mean that he caused massive damage that included 10 to 12 cars, according to witness testimony.
KTAR-TV has more:
At this point, serious injuries were sustained once again. But, alas, the perpetrator wasn’t done yet. Among those who he hurt in the bizarre scenario was a pregnant woman, near term, who broke both of her legs.
Brigham, too, sustained some injuries. The car he was driving rolled numerous times and the impact from the accident purportedly sent him through the windshield of the Prius. While he landed in the dirt next to the car, it didn’t take long for him to stand up, allegedly yelling strange things like, “The Indians are coming, the Indians are coming!”
Still, he had more gusto left in him.
“He got out naked, running all over the place, trying to get into other people’s cars,” a woman involved in the second accident confirmed in an interview with ABC 15.
Police, too, have weighed in on the events.
“The suspect, after collisions with multiple vehicles, got out of his car and attempted to carjack two other vehicles unsuccessfully,” said Scottsdale Police Sgt. Mark Clark. “We had an officer on the scene as this was going on who immediately took the suspect into custody without any further incident.”
Obviously, police took Brigham to the hospital to be checked for mental instability and drug and substance abuse. He may be charged with robbery and leaving the scene of a collision. Police are still waiting for test results.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 475 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 374 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 302 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 125 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 228 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 108 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 109 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Coen, Guirgis bound for Atlantic Theater Company
- Body of child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- Obama endorses more oversight of drone strikes
- CORRECTS: Obama: No drone strikes without 'near certainty' of no civilian casualties.
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Obama announces he's lifting 2009 ban on transfers of Guantanamo detainees to Yemen
- Shuttered NM plant resumes making peanut butter
- Obama:No drone strikes on suspected terrorists without 'near certainty' of civilian casualties