Current TV’s Cenk Uygur Slams Fox News Over Stossel’s Poverty Experiment: ‘Is That What Jesus Christ Would Have Done?’
On Thursday, The Blaze brought you footage of Fox Business Network host John Stossel posing as a homeless man in New York City. As we noted, on “Fox & Friends” yesterday morning, Stossel used the video in a discussion about freeloaders and the culture of dependency that he believes the federal government is breeding.
Not everyone found the segment to be enlightening. In fact, Current TV’s Cenk Uygur was less-than-pleased with Stossel’s commentary, calling both the host and Fox News out for standing against Christian values.
Uygur slammed Stossel’s experiment and mimicked it, saying, ”Yeah, you shouldn’t give to street people because I did an experiment where I sat outside on my ass and some people were decent enough to think that I wasn’t messing with them — and thought I really needed help and they gave me money…”
The Current host went on to admit that many of the poor and homeless have addiction problems, but that those in need shouldn’t be derided due to their socioeconomic status. Then, he went on to claim that both Stossel and the network are acting against the “Christian values” they apparently claim to embrace.
“This is the channel that claims they’re in favor of Christian values. Is that what Jesus Christ would have done?,” Uygur asked. “A segment on how you shouldn’t help the poor and homeless? And they call it entitlement in the banner. Who’s entitled? They’re begging for money!”
And he wasn’t done there.
“It’s not the Christian thing to do to make fun of them. So stop pretending that you care about Christian values at all,” he continued.
Watch Uygur’s rant, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 600 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 523 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 412 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 343 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 299 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 297 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 154 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 101 Comments
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Friend of alleged soldier killer arrested at BBC
- Girl's suicide after alleged attack troubles town
- Female suicide bomber injures 12 in Russian region
- Russian police detain activists, foes at gay rally
- Suicide bomber dies in blast in Afghan capital
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries
- Saudi Arabia warns against Iran's nuclear program
- Nico Rosberg takes pole position for Monaco GP