Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood’s Leader Says Jihad on Israel Is Every Muslim’s Duty
Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Chairman Muhammad Badi — also known as the group’s “Supreme Guide” – said last week that waging jihad against Israel is an imperative for every Muslim. Middle East watcher Raymond Ibrahim who scours the Arabic press and translates it to English for Western eyes posted this revelation on his blog:
According to last Thursday’s edition of Al Wafd, during his weekly sermon, “Muhammad Badi, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Supreme Guide, confirmed the necessity for every Muslim to strive to save al-Quds [Jerusalem] from the hands of the rapists [Israelis] and to cleanse Palestine from the clutches of the occupation, deeming this an individual duty for all Muslims.”
More specifically, he “called on all Muslims to wage jihad with their money and their selves to free al-Quds”—the same exact language one finds in al-Qaeda’s tracts.
Earlier this year, the Middle East Media Research Institute translated a sermon of Badi’s in which he called for gradually establishing a global Islamic Caliphate leading to “mastership of the world.”
Another sermon of Badi’s which raised eyebrows in the U.S. was delivered in October 2010, when he said the U.S. was doomed to collapse due to its immorality. MEMRI translated the sermon from the Muslim Brotherhood’s website, titled “How Islam Confronts the Oppression and Tyranny [against the Muslims],” and reported:
Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Muhammad Badi’ accused the Arab and Muslim regimes of employing tyranny against their peoples, of avoiding confrontation with the Muslims’ real enemies – the Zionist entity and the U.S. – and of disregarding Allah’s commandment to wage jihad against the infidels.
About the U.S., he said that it is immoral and therefore doomed to collapse, and that it is “experiencing the beginning of its end and is heading towards its demise.”
“Today the Muslims desperately need a mentality of honor and means of power [that will enable them] to confront global Zionism. [This movement] knows nothing but the language of force, so [the Muslims] must meet iron with iron, and winds with [even more powerful] storms. They crucially need to understand that the improvement and change that the [Muslim] nation seeks can only be attained through jihad and sacrifice and by raising a jihadi generation that pursues death just as the enemies pursue life.”
Then, Badi also stated that he believed Mubarak’s government had become weak because it had not subscribed to “Allah’s commandment to wage jihad…so that Allah’s word will reign supreme” over all non-Muslims.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton travels to Egypt next week to meet Muslim Brotherhood President Mohammed Morsi. Just last month she said the Obama administration was pleased so far with commitments made by Morsi.
Now, she will have the opportunity to assess President Morsi’s leadership up close and assess his commitment to the treaty with Israel and to reigning in terrorist activity in the Sinai Peninsula. This latest jihad-promoting call from the supreme leader of Morsi’s movement can only undermine the more optimistic assessments coming from Washington.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 526 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 487 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 467 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 326 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 121 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 124 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 131 Comments
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Delta ups the ante in battle for NY travel market
- Man charged with stalking Jennifer Lawrence's kin
- A-Rod sells Miami Beach home for $30M
- Snooki: NJ Gov Christie 'just doesn't like us'