Help Wanted: Photographer Captures Military Marriage Proposal — Can You Identify the Mystery Couple?
An unknown couple is photographed in luminous rotunda in Washington, D.C., on a warm summer evening. Who are they?
In a modern day version of the hunt for the iconic “V-J Day in Times Square” photo, one photographer is trying to find out the names and story of these individuals. Angila Golik was visiting Washington, D.C., in early July and captured shots of the couple’s most tender moment as they began the next chapter of their lives: a marriage proposal.
The Nevada photographer, an uninvited spy even though the proposal took place in a public space — the Washington War Memorial — is now looking to find out just who this mystery couple is. Speaking with the Huffington Post weddings section, Golik wants to “find the couple and give them the photos of a magical night.”
She tried contacting Andrews Air Force Base to post the photos, thinking the soon-to-be-groom was a member of the military because he was in uniform, but the base said they could not publish any photos without permission from the couple themselves.
Check out Golik’s YouTube petition to find the couple with photos she snapped on the night of July 2:
Smartly, Golik has taken the story to the Internet in search of the pair. Social media and other forums on the Web have led to identifying individuals in record time before. Let’s see how long this one takes.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 255 Comments
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 230 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 173 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 100 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 120 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 139 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters
- Target's 1Q profit drops 26 pct on weak sales
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Irishman charged with 1982 IRA Hyde Park bombing
- GOP questions IRS scrutiny of anti-abortion groups
- Oil stays near $96 before crude stocks report, Fed
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, but results miss Street
- AP Interview: Rogge cites need for targeted tests