‘OWS vs. Tea Party’ – Is This A Reality TV Show You Would Watch?
Would you watch a reality competition TV show featuring Occupiers facing off against Tea Party members?
Think of it as “The Apprentice” meets “Survivor” with a dash of “Big Brother” tossed in for good measure. That’s the elevator-ride pitch for a new TV show in search of funding and a home.
“Occupy VS. Tea Party” is the brainchild of producer/author/musician Gordon G.G. Gebert. Gordon hopes to fund the pilot for his show and get it on air (or the Internet) before the November election. He has chosen the web to raise funds to cover the initial production costs. Using Kickstarter, Gebert hopes to raise $10,000 via “crowd funding.” He has until Thursday, July 19th to reach his goal. (As of this writing, the project still needed around $4,200.) People who help fund the show will be listed in the credits and depending on how large their contribution may be, could even be seen on the show.
The Blaze spoke with Gordon Gebert while he was doing some of the initial casting for the pilot. While the show has garnered serious interest from different cable outlets, there was also an expressed intent in directing the outcome of the competition to suit the political leanings of the outlet. Gebert held back selling out the rights to his concept. It is his dream to allow the real debate between these two entities to be carried out on television, without the direction or nudging of someone who favors either side of the argument.
Last week, Mr. Gebert was a guest on “First Shift,” a liberal radio talk show hosted Tony Trupiano. In this interview, the program’s format is explained as well as the “crowd funding” process.
Pay close attention to the opening of the segment as Trupiano mentions that he would like to “kick Glenn Beck’s ass.” The host says that he wants to fight both Beck and Rush Limbaugh, but considers Beck to be a much more challenging opponent:
According to the show’s creator, some big names are interested in participating in it:
- Chuck Woolery has raised his hand and wants to host the show.
- Ted Nugent has allegedly expressed interest in being on the show if it’s on a network. (Obviously, Ted would be a member of the Tea Party team.)
- Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake, & Palmer has also told the producers that he wants to create the music for it.
Would you watch a TV program like this? Would you fund a TV show like this?
Take our Blaze poll.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 850 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 289 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 262 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 214 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 170 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 183 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 140 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Best Buy reports 1Q loss on restructuring costs
- The pope and the devil: Is Francis an exorcist?
- German central bank: Economy to improve 'markedly'
- Israeli peace negotiator: Stalemate bad for Israel
- President Obama to speak on Oklahoma disaster
- Pigeon sale yields world record for feathered Bolt
- Burberry's profit hit by perfume deal's demise