Surprise: ‘Rafting Gone Wild’ Event Devolves Into Oar-Wielding Brawl
With a name like “Rafting Gone Wild” what could possibly go wrong? Organizers of a 4,000-person river floating event found out at the second annual get-together on the American River in California. There, the lazy river-like trip devolved into a drunken brawl party that featured, naturally, people using oars as weapons.
“By 5 p.m. … dozens were fighting on the shores of Ancil Hoffman Park, beating each other with paddles or rocks and hurling stones at fire and rescue boats, officials said,” according to the Sacramento Bee.
“It started out fairly reasonable, but as they day went on, the drunkenness and the fights increased with them,” Sgt. Randy Lewis, a Sacramento County park ranger, told the Bee.
“There are so many intoxicated people it’s like ridiculous,” 20-year-old Marisa Taylor added.
Pictures on the event’s Facebook page support that:
While video has yet to surface of the actual brawl, there is one on YouTube showing a different disagreement between rafters. That one appears to be over littering in the river (CONTENT WARNING for language):
According to KCRA-TV, officials made about a half dozen arrests and about 15 river rescues. Believe it or not, that’s actually a little more subdued than last year, when approximately a dozen were arrested and officials had to rescue about 100 people.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 524 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 459 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 350 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Socialists try to form new govt in Bulgaria
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed
- Sorrentino serves up a cinema banquet at Cannes
- Stock slump continues on Wall Street
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- UEFA introduces minimum ban for racist abuse