Majority of Whites Have ‘Never, Ever, Ever, Ever’ Favored Rights for Blacks in America, ‘Fantasy’ to Think That — Says Former NYTimes Writer, NBC Reporter
Bob Herbert, former opinion writer for the New York Times and NBC correspondent, made some startling admissions about his views on whites in America and their relationship with blacks.
Speaking on a panel at Stony Brook University in New York, Mr. Herbert discussed his views on how absurd it is to think that white people ever supported the civil rights of black people in this country. When an audience member asked about the possibility of white solidarity, Herbert, shaken by the sheer assumption of the question, lashed out:
”A majority of whites have never favored equal rights in this country. Never, ever, ever, ever. It’s never even been close — It is a fantasy to talk about the idea of a majority of whites supporting the rights of blacks.”
Herbert then breathlessly noted that “a majority of whites voted against Barack Obama for President in just this past election.” According to CNN, Obama did end up receiving 43% of the overall white vote.
Herbert, still shaken, barraged the audience with a litany of nervous citations as he attempted to defend his seemingly indefensible statement.
“Every time blacks move into a neighborhood, still whites flee,” Herbert noted without reference or statistic. ”Employment discrimination now is incredible,” Herbert lamented, calling the practice “horrible.” He then cites the existence of the Tea Party, and that sometimes, a black hockey player gets “mocked” as clear signs of societal racism.
In closing his offensive retort, Herbert doggedly declared:
“This idea that a majority of whites, at different points in our history, favored equal rights for Blacks is just not the case.”
Watch the comments below:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 532 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 458 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 344 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- Bronx 'ghetto' tours stop amid residents' outrage
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- 25 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 3 more arrested
- Report: Rafsanjani blasts Iran's rulers