Bachmann Hits Back at Critics Regarding Her Letter About Muslim Brotherhood and Its U.S. Tentacles
Michele Bachmann refuses to back down from her criticism of the Muslim Brotherhood and its tentacles within the United States. The congresswoman from Minnesota joined Glenn Beck on radio Thursday morning and continued to herald the warning about the Brotherhood. She also hit back at her critics, who have panned her for a letter she sent last Friday to the Inspectors General of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
“After the Fort Hood tragedy, a report was issued that said the real problem in our government is that we are not teaching FBI agents or our military to recognize radical Islam. So that’s what we need to do,” Bachmann told Beck. “We need to teach about it.”
But recent developments — such as taking such curriculum from training programs — has made that nearly impossible. That prompted her to write the letter with four other members of Congress. And it hasn’t been welcomed.
“Never before in the history of the country have we seen this level of leaks coming out, but at the same time there’s also a parallel track of influence from the Muslim Brotherhood in the highest levels of the federal government, and we think that we need to get answers to these questions,” Bachmann said in the interview. “And that’s the purpose of our letters. We’re asking that the inspectors general answer these questions, and Keith Ellison is trying to shut this, these questions down from getting addressed.”
Ellison, Bachmann’s fellow Rep. from Minnesota, has called Bachmann’s inquiry “nonsense.”
Bachmann also responded to those such as John McCain who have criticized her for raising questions about the wife of disgraced Rep. Anthony Weiner, Huma Abedin. Abedin is a top aide to Hillary Clinton, but she has family ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.
“She is the chief aid for the ‑‑ to the Secretary of State, and we quoted from a document, and this has been well reported all across Arab media, that her father ‑‑ her late father who’s now deceased was a part of the Muslim Brotherhood, Bachmann explained. She continued:
Her brother was a part of the Muslim Brotherhood, and her mother was a part of what’s called the Muslim Sisterhood. It would be, we have requirements to get a high level security clearance. One thing that the government looks at are your associations, and in particular your family associations. And this applies to everyone. It would be the same that is true with me. If my family members were associated with Hamas, a terrorist organization, that alone could be sufficient to disqualify me from getting a security clearance. So all we did is ask, did the federal government look into her family associations before she got a high level security clearance.
“And it’s not an unreasonable thing to ask seeing that this president and this administration has ‑‑ didn’t know ‑‑ apparently didn’t know that Van Jones was the founding ‑‑ one of the founding members of a radical revolutionary, anti‑American, Communist organization, and he’s in the White House,” Beck responded.
“But you’re not saying that she is compromised? he asked later. “You’re saying have we looked into this, right?”
“That’s right,” she responded. “That’s all we’re saying because we did not infer that she is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood or that she’s working on behalf of the Muslim Brotherhood.”
You can watch the interview below:
You might be wondering: What is all this Muslim Brotherhood stuff about? Luckily, we have you covered. In April, Beck aired an extensive documentary that detailed the Muslim Brotherhood’s influence in America. It was called “Rumors of War III: Target U.S.” You can read up on the background in our extensive piece here. TheBlaze’s national security expert, Buck Sexton, also offers some background:
As ROW III shows, the problem starts with America’s current conception of the radical Islamist enemy, stretches up to the most senior reaches of government, and has allowed a number of strategic– some even say existential– threats to magnify against the United States and its citizens.
Rumors of War III makes the case that international Islamist organizations have learned to thrive in the United States as part of a coordinated Psychological Operation. Hardline Islamist groups– including Muslim Brotherhood affiliates and their mouthpieces in the western media– have learned to code their language and make arguments about the intent of groups like the Muslim Brotherhood that are seemingly palatable to the average American.
[...] [T]hose on the front lines of combating Islamic terrorism are increasingly unable to be frank in their analysis or open with their conclusions. Somewhere along the way, a series of highly-placed advisers to the White House, Department of Defense, and other crucial government agencies have apparently convinced senior U.S. leadership that the mere discussion of radical Islam is inherently an offense to all people of Islamic faith.
See the key clips from “Rumors of War III” below:
You can watch the full documentary by signing up for GBTV here.
This is a breaking story. Updates will be added.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,038 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 254 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 165 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 227 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 113 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 103 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 136 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, chilly spring hurts sales
- US auto factories cutting back on summer downtime
- Chinese premier visits Pakistan, praises ties
- EU leaders discuss fight against tax evasion
- Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Diplomats: Iran expands nuke technology