Dad of 6-Year-Old Who Died in Shooting Gives Heart-Breaking Interview Detailing the Moment He Learned of Tragic Death
An Aurora, Colo., man was awoken at 3 a.m. by a family member calling from New York to tell him his ex-wife had been shot. It was unknown at the time where his 6-year-old child was. Both were at the tragic shooting at the midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” in Colorado. Then he learned of the tragic news.
“After three hours of sitting at the children’s hospital in Aurora, I found out my child was dead,” the unnamed man said to KDVR in an interview. “After being thrown in circles and circles and telling me you’ll be able to see her in just a moment, I found out my child is dead.”
After this comment, the man who was facing away from the camera goes silent, shaking his head. Watch the interview:
KDVR reports that the man became enraged at one point and had to be detained by police. His daughter was one of 12 killed in the shootings that occurred around 12:30 a.m. Reports indicate at least 59 were been injured in the scene thus far.
The man has not been admitted to the Aurora Medical Center to see his ex-wife allegedly because of a comment he had made.
“I need to make sure that she’s at least okay. I’ve lost the rest of my family,” he said.
When told the suspected gunman, 24-year-old James Holmes, was still alive, this man said, “Hopefully some people at least have some common courtesy and take care of somebody who has the willpower to murder an innocent child and other innocent people,” he said. “Hopefully the law enforcement has some kind of courtesy and some kind of basic justice.”
Fox News Insider posted a longer version of the heart-breaking interview. Watch it here:
This story has been updated to include more video and to clarify information.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 846 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 277 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 231 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 166 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 178 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- Sprint to listen to Dish offer
- Does France have right plan to revive its economy?
- Charismatic Las Vegas mob lawyer mayor pens memoir
- Oil price falls toward $96 per barrel
- Housing recovery gives boost to Home Depot 1Q
- Tunisia announces 3 cases of coronavirus, 1 death
- More attacks across Iraq kill 7 people
- Syria, Israel exchange fire over border