Is That Really James Holmes in the Red Hair Pics?
Alleged Aurora, Colo. shooter James Holmes seems to have led a scant online life, but authorities are reportedly looking at a profile on an adult sex site that could belong to him — complete with photos of a young man with dyed red hair, much like Holmes was said to have.
According to TMZ and Mediaite, police are working to determine the authenticity of the profile on AdultFriendFinder.com belonging to “classicjimbo,” listed as a 24-year-old male from Aurora, Colo. At the top of the profile is the question, “Will you visit me in prison?”
In the profile, “Holmes” describes himself as “a nice guy. Well, as nice enough of a guy who does these sort of shenanigans.” The profile says he is heterosexual and seeking a sexual relationship with “women, couples (man and woman),” and “groups or couples (2 women).”
As Mediaite noted, there are discrepancies between the profile and what authorities have said about Holmes: The user-listed birth date is Dec. 10, 1987 while official reports have said his date of birth is Dec. 13, 1987. Additionally, “Holmes” lists his height at six feet, while the FBI has said he is six-foot-three, according to TMZ.
Aurora police have not released Holmes’ booking photo, which would be more recent than the University of Colorado-released image and could possibly provide a better comparison. Still, do you think the photos of the man with red hair match the known photo of Holmes?
Update: TMZ reports AdultFriendFinder has confirmed the website was created by Holmes:
Sources at the website tell TMZ they have confirmed it was created by Holmes. We’re told they tracked the IP address back to Aurora, CO and the account info for the profile (such as the address and DOB) matched up with Holmes.
Holmes created the profile on July 5 and last logged in to the site sometime in the past three days.
Law enforcement is currently looking at the profile to determine its authenticity and relevance, but website sources tell us … they have not been contacted yet.
Update II: BulletPeople.com points out that the second red-haired photo featuring a woman appears to be Photoshopped:
Here’s the original photo of the woman, apparently taken from the “Extreme Friend” mobile app:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,002 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 445 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 397 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 297 Comments
- Piers Morgan and Bill Nye Speculate on Climate Change’s Role in Deadly Okla. Twister 200 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 169 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 199 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) 100 Comments
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 104 Comments
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Fort Jackson commander facing adultery charges
- Soldiers flood western Mexico to protect towns
- Microsoft touts Xbox One as all-in-1 entertainment
- Harry Potter book with author notes sold for $228K
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- More tornadoes from global warming? Nobody knows
- Teachers credited with saving students in Okla.