Check Out These 7 Outrageous Toys You’ll Probably Never Buy But Still Want
Have you ever heard or been to the Hammacher Schlemmer website? It’s a product site with the slogan “offering the best, the only, and unexpected for 164 years.” Boy, do they ever.
The site is full of plenty of affordable and useful items, but it’s its lust-worthy but exorbitantly expensive toys that make it fun to poke around. Specifically, in its “unexpected” section, which one might imagine as like a pricier version of the “beyond” section at Bed Bath and Beyond, a few dozen toys that you’ve probably never even conceived of are there for the taking. That is, if you’re willing to pay the price.
There are a slew of items to choose from, but here are seven of our favorites.
- The Aquapod Suite: For $91,000, the world’s only aquapod could be yours. Described as a “flying saucer” design that rests on the water with five feet submerged, the suite has AC, a desalination unit, mini-bar, king-size bed and more. It even has an “inflatable terrace” so you can fit all your friends for sunning. If you’re worried about how you’ll get this vessel around from one island to another, it can be towed by a boat.
- The Flying Hovercraft: A 130-hp twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled gasoline engine is perfect for those wanting to “hop over water- or land-based obstacles” on their travels. Going up to 70, miles per hour, the hovercraft has a 160-mile range and can support a pilot and passengers up to 600 total pounds. It costs $191,000.
- The Genuine PT Boat: Own a functioning slice of WWII history — with all weapons present but deactivated — with one of only 12 patrol torpedo boats left in the world. Special limitations apply with this $1 million purchase.
- The Oenophile’s Personal Winery: You may never need to purchase another box of wine again. This $6,000 machine “vinifies” up to four cases of vino at a time. You won’t even need a vineyard to make this happen. According to the posting, Napa Valley grapes will be crushed, frozen and sent to you.
- The Barbecue Dining Boat: BBQ in the round — and on the water (literally) — with this floating contraption that seats 10 adults. Making the perfect use of space, it stores all your sides and extra supplies under the seats. Given that you’re right on the water, the fact that the grill is charcoal heated shouldn’t be a problem. It will also only set you back $50,000.
- The Electric Skates: Are you ready to pony up $699.95 for this Christmas list topper? Kids won’t even have to lift up their feet with these babies that go up to eight miles per hour. The ideal use for the skates, as said by Hammacher Schlemmer, is “travel across a school campus, to a local cafe, or while roaming a neighborhood festival.”
- The 20 Foot Animatronic Triceratops: Who wouldn’t want to bring Jurassic Park into their very own backyard? Believe it or not, this animatronic creature has facial recognition technology that tracks subject’s movements to signal it to perform certain actions, such as sway its head or stomp its feat. The Triceratops not only looks realistic but has vocals of what the beast may have sounded like.
If you liked this list, check out The Blaze’s top 10 picks of most expensive, outrageous and nerdy grill tools here.
This story has been updated to correct a photo.
(H/T: Daily Mail)
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 923 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 402 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 354 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 259 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 252 Comments
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him Read More
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 144 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Watch Live: Senate Hearing on IRS Targeting of Conservative Groups Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Report: More Benghazi whistleblowers to come forward?
- Ft. Hood shooter is still collecting a paycheck
- Photog recounts sight of children pulled from school rubble in Oklahoma
- Spotify's Top 10 most streamed tracks
- Face-chewing victim continues recovery in Miami
- Chelsea tops AP poll after winning Euro title
- Senate debating federal dollars for crop insurance
- Peace Corps to accept same-sex couples
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Lawmakers hand Myanmar leader prisoner list
- UN: Drop in Syrians reaching Jordan, unclear why