Farrakhan Joins Nation of Islam Members for ‘Anti-Violence’ March…That Included Handing Out ‘Justifiable Homicide’ DVD
Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan took to the streets of Chicago this week to help reach the troubled inner-city youth in an anti-violence march. He and his followers went door-to-door in a Southside neighborhood. But before you think it was just an innocent march, consider what they were handing out: a sermon by the controversial leader titled, “Justifiable Homicide: Youth in Peril.”
CBS2 Chicago reported:
They call themselves the “Fruit of Islam.” Men from the Nation of Islam met at the Mosque on South Stony Island and boarded buses to the South Shore.
They handed out flyers, newspapers and DVDs entitled “Justifiable Homicide: Youth in Peril.”
Farrakhan led more than 500 men door to door. One local, Tone-Tone, as he wanted to be called, talked with Farrakhan face to face.
“It’s an honor to be that close to him,” he said.
Residents said they hope the visit makes a difference. They said it was a nice surprise.
Watch the video report, below:
Despite Farrakhan’s past antisemitic remarks, Mayor Rahm Emanuel released a statement in support of the Nation of Islam’s efforts.
“They have decided, the Nation of Islam, to help protect [the] community and that’s an important ingredient like all the other aspects of protecting a neighborhood,” said the mayor, who recently made a mockery of himself by telling “gang-bangers” they can “go to the alley” to perform their crimes, but they should “stay away from the kids.”
Perhaps it’s not surprising, then, that most reports coming out of Chicago don’t provide any details on the materials being distributed titled: “Justifiable Homicide: Black Youth in Peril.”
A quick Google search reveals a number of clips from the related film, and an article penned by Farrakhan with the same title. In fact, it’s an article we first covered on TheBlaze back in March.
Here is an excerpt from the article on the Nation of Islam website (emphasis added):
The present-day lynch mobs
I want Black youth to hear this message, because police authorities are the same today as they were during slavery. In fact, this is how policing began. Police were formed to catch runaway slaves, bring them back to their masters and make examples of them to throw fear into other slaves. It’s the same today. Police authorities are trained to kill, as well as to protect. But where Black people are concerned, police legitimize their mob attacks under the name of “back up.”Police back up is often no different than the lynch mobs 100 years ago. The killing of our people, shooting them with many bullets when one would have done the job. And then, that deliberative body which is to discuss the brutal murder of our people by looking into the facts, comes away calling it justifiable homicide.
In Chicago recently, a young, Black Brother was shot down by the police and the parents are aggrieved. The police said the young Brother was running and he had something in his hands, but the witnesses will tell you, “He didn’t have anything in his hands; he was just shot down.” And the body of persons in a deliberative process to determine the facts that is supposed to address this … But when they look into it, the verdict comes back as “Another dead Negro—justifiable homicide.” [Emphasis added]
A YouTube clip featuring Farrakhan, with the same title, offers a continuation of that idea. In it, Farrakhan puts forth the assertion that the intention is to “kill…off” all blacks by the end of the century.
“See this is not [an] accident…These young black men are not involved in shooting and drugging and killing as an accident. This has been socially engineered!” he claims. After noting how many black people are in jail in America, Farrakhan declares: “Somebody’s working!”
So the Nation of Islam and the Fruit of Islam may say they are trying to prevent violence in Chicago by going door-to-door and distributing works featuring the minister, but this excerpt from the related article sums it up pretty clearly:
“I do not want you to think that I am trying to teach hatred; that is beneath the dignity of a Muslim, or a Christian or a believer in God. But to teach the truth that might produce hatred, that is not my fault. If the truth of something makes you dislike it, then that is not ‘teaching hate’—that is teaching truth.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 553 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 504 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 477 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 326 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 210 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 221 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 140 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Schumer urges look at security in Sprint deal
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Furlough Friday: Unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
- Stocks barely budge; market ends week with loss
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Principal recounts storm hitting Okla. school