Renowned Beck Photographer Shares Experience at ‘Day of Service’: ‘One of the Most Awesome Scenes I’ve Ever Seen’ (Updates With Service Site Pics)
Exclusive live and on-demand coverage of Restoring Love available now on GBTV Plus – Click for Details.
A crowd estimated to be in the thousands flocked to Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX, in the wee hours of Friday morning to spread out to about 300 service sites across the Dallas-Ft. Worth area as part of Glenn Beck’s Restoring Love event.
Buses lined up for blocks around the stadium in the pre-dawn hours to bring the massive crowd across the metroplex. On radio, Beck estimated the number to be about 30,000 people.
Blaze reporter Billy Hallowell, who’s following along with one group, reported police were trying to clear out buses as fast as possible due to the massive number.
“It’s one of the most awesome scenes I’ve ever seen,” Beck photographer George Lange, who was himself on the way to a service site, told Beck on radio. “I’m at Mission Arlington, and there are 400 volunteers here.”
Asked to describe what it was like, Lange compared it to two years ago on the National Mall for Restoring Honor: “It felt like that moment at 8/28 and we peeked out and saw the size of the crowd and everyone burst into tears.”
“I just thought that everything you talk about is happening right here right now, live,” he added later.
And even though Lange leans to the Left, he said that hasn’t mattered with the Restoring Love crowd.
“I have been invited in and embraced by everyone. … It feels like we’re all human beings taking care of each other.”
He concluded: “It’s very powerful.”
Photographer George Lange captures some of the early bustle:
This story has been updated and will continue to be updated.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 966 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 416 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 370 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 278 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 255 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 110 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 167 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Report: More Benghazi whistleblowers to come forward?
- At last: 'Arrested' is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Arias speaks on own behalf as jury considers death
- Jodi Arias addresses jury in penalty phase of trial as panel considers life or death sentence
- 2 Moroccans tried for homosexuality get 4 months
- Warsaw ghetto insurgent Boruch Spiegel dies at 93
- Court strikes down Arizona 20-week abortion ban
- Senate debating federal dollars for crop insurance
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival