‘Drawers Within Drawers’: 269-Square-Foot Apartment Hides Full-Size Pull-Out Tub
There are conventional methods of maximizing small living spaces — Murphy beds, futons, tables that fold flat onto the wall, etc. Then, there is Valentina Maini’s way.
Maini and her 269-square-foot apartment in Barcelona is one of the latest “tiny house” features by Fair Companies. Although many with small living quarters have to bring in designers for ideas on how to deal with the space, Maini, as an architect, already had a design in mind and simply hired a carpenter to make it happen.
First, let’s start with the stairway leading up to Maini’s apartment. She leads with “don’t be scared,” as she walks up the little more than one-meter-wide winding staircase.
As Maini shows off some of the space saving elements of her apartment, she notes when she first saw it she thought would be too small to make it work as a living space and home office. Most of Maini’s space-maximizing features are characterized by drawers. There’s even “drawers within drawers.” Pulling out a few, she shows how the draws hide her closet and even a full-size bath tub.
Underneath the platform supporting for Maini’s Japanese-style kitchen chairs, is her “spa.” Her bath tub is underneath.
Here is a slideshow of images from Maini’s apartment:
Watch Maini’s apartment tour:
For small spaces, Maini tells Fair Companies, “it’s important that you need always to change the perspective.” When Maini is on her lofted bed, she can see outside. When she’s on the floor, her bed is concealed by other elements in the room.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 440 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 421 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 386 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 151 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 132 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 124 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 239 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 249 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 115 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team
- Jury deciding Arias' sentence adjourns for day
- FBI: Arrest made in Wash. ricin letter scare
- Family Ties: Jarrett, Petty enter NASCAR hall
- Top AEG lawyer referred to Jackson as 'freak'
- In Arias trial, TV cameras never far behind
- Float driver says train seemed still before crash
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94