Westboro Shows Up in Dallas to Protest Beck — And Wait Until You Hear One Anti-Westboro Protester’s Shock View
Exclusive Live & On Demand Coverage of Restoring Love Available Now on GBTV Plus – Click for Details.
TheBlaze already told you about the fact that the Westboro Baptist Church, the radical, anti-gay group known for picketing fallen soldiers’ funerals, has been planning to protest Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Love.” On Saturday, they made good on that pledge, as they assembled near Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas, to purportedly sing, chant and speak out against Beck.
Also in attendance were anti-Westboro picketers who stood firmly against the radical “church” members. Interestingly, at least one of the counter-protesters set out to target Beck as well. “Westboro/Beck: I Can’t Decide Who Is Worse.”
Naturally, we wanted to know why the protester was so conflicted, especially considering Westboro’s bizarre track record. After all, Beck is hosting “Restoring Love,” an inspirational event devoted to service and caring for one another. Westboro, as has been evidenced by the group’s past actions, is devoted to picketing funerals and damning homosexuals (and many others) to hell.
“I think if I had to decide, I don’t know, Beck has a lot more power than Westboro does,” she said. “He’s going to reach a lot more people with his views that I personally don’t agree with.”
While this particular protester was more negative about Beck, others in the group expressed positivity toward “Restoring Love” participants and the event, itself.
Watch TheBlaze’s interview with the anti-Westboro protesters, below:
“I don’t really like [Beck] in the city,” she said, referring to the television and radio host’s move to Dallas. “But at the same time, I don’t really like Westboro being in our city either.”
The protesters also told TheBlaze that Westboro refused to engage them, as they simply sang spoof songs and spouted some of their regular messaging. Here’s what Westboro posted on its website prior to the event unfolding:
Glenn Beck despises God, and he proudly says so. He climbs on WBC backs to have an issue for his radio program.
God has Smacked Glenn Beck already, giving him a little child with disease, but that doesn’t even slow Beck down. He is wholly incapable of seeing the Hand of God at work in this earth, and he flatly refuses to give the Glory of God’s work, TO GOD! He worships Mr. Peanut, a god that has no power, and worse
WBC will be at Cowboys Stadium where Beck will be inside hocking his false religious system and his rebellion against God to some other rebels agianst God, and we will warn the living to flee from that place, lest you should become a partaker of Glenn Beck’s sin.
1Ti 5:22 Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other mens sins: keep thyself pure.
Westboro tweeted pictures of the picket and posted them on Twitter. Below, see some of the social media messages they sent today:
In the end, nothing new to see here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 592 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 393 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 337 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 328 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 286 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan