Mob of Teens Reportedly Steals $3,000 Worth of ‘Nudie’ Jeans From Chicago Store
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has been talking a lot about “Chicago values” recently, saying, for instance, that they are not in line with Chick-Fil-A because the company’s president believes in traditional marriage.
Earlier this month, in a heartfelt plea to clean up the city, Emanuel told the city’s “gang bangers” to “take [their] stuff to the alley” and to “stay away from the kids.”
“And it is about values,” Emaneul elaborated. “Who raised you? How were you raised? And I don’t buy this case where people say they don’t have values. They do have values– they have the wrong values.”
But what happens when the city’s teenagers are contributing to the crime rate? How do flash-mobs factor into “Chicago values”?
CBS Chicago has video of a recent looting in a Chicago neighborhood:
Here is more information, via CBS Chicago:
From the moment the teens started flooding in the door at Mildblend Supply Co. on Milwaukee Avenue around 6:40 p.m. Saturday, [store owner Luke Cho] knew something wasn’t right.
You see a group a group of teenagers walking in – or marching in – one-by-one. As you can see, it looks like it’s some kind of procession,” Cho said while reviewing the surveillance video on Sunday.
To Cho, it looked like a flash mob was about to rob the store, so he immediately locked the door.
“At least I think I kind of maybe stopped the flow a little bit, but I quickly realized something bad’s about to happen, and I alerted my staff to call 911,” Cho said.
Most of the group flocked to an corner of the store right beneath a security camera, and appeared to know exactly what they were looking for: an exclusive, expensive brand of jeans called Nudie Jeans, which average about $200 a pair. [Emphasis added]
Cho uploaded the store’s security footage to YouTube in an effort to help nab the perpetrators:
The store’s owner said that after he locked up the store, more people outside started banging on the door, presumably in an effort to get in. However, it’s difficult to know how aggressive they were without sound for the security footage.
Based on his experience, Cho predicts such “flash” robberies are likely to become more common.
“I think if they zero in on a product they want to steal, they’re going to go anywhere, and basically organize, and plan it to hit what they want,” he explained.
To top it all off, it reportedly took police about 30 minutes to arrive after Cho placed the 911 call.
Officers said they were delayed by the many street closures for Wicker Park Fest and, though they’re investigating the robbery, there were no arrests as of Sunday afternoon.
(H/T: Drudge Report)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 312 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 147 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Maine man charged in death of missing teen
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- Conn. rail service returning to normal
- Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
- Young objector challenges Israeli army
- Egypt: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti holds slim lead as LA picks new mayor