Mob of Teens Reportedly Steals $3,000 Worth of ‘Nudie’ Jeans From Chicago Store
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has been talking a lot about “Chicago values” recently, saying, for instance, that they are not in line with Chick-Fil-A because the company’s president believes in traditional marriage.
Earlier this month, in a heartfelt plea to clean up the city, Emanuel told the city’s “gang bangers” to “take [their] stuff to the alley” and to “stay away from the kids.”
“And it is about values,” Emaneul elaborated. “Who raised you? How were you raised? And I don’t buy this case where people say they don’t have values. They do have values– they have the wrong values.”
But what happens when the city’s teenagers are contributing to the crime rate? How do flash-mobs factor into “Chicago values”?
CBS Chicago has video of a recent looting in a Chicago neighborhood:
Here is more information, via CBS Chicago:
From the moment the teens started flooding in the door at Mildblend Supply Co. on Milwaukee Avenue around 6:40 p.m. Saturday, [store owner Luke Cho] knew something wasn’t right.
You see a group a group of teenagers walking in – or marching in – one-by-one. As you can see, it looks like it’s some kind of procession,” Cho said while reviewing the surveillance video on Sunday.
To Cho, it looked like a flash mob was about to rob the store, so he immediately locked the door.
“At least I think I kind of maybe stopped the flow a little bit, but I quickly realized something bad’s about to happen, and I alerted my staff to call 911,” Cho said.
Most of the group flocked to an corner of the store right beneath a security camera, and appeared to know exactly what they were looking for: an exclusive, expensive brand of jeans called Nudie Jeans, which average about $200 a pair. [Emphasis added]
Cho uploaded the store’s security footage to YouTube in an effort to help nab the perpetrators:
The store’s owner said that after he locked up the store, more people outside started banging on the door, presumably in an effort to get in. However, it’s difficult to know how aggressive they were without sound for the security footage.
Based on his experience, Cho predicts such “flash” robberies are likely to become more common.
“I think if they zero in on a product they want to steal, they’re going to go anywhere, and basically organize, and plan it to hit what they want,” he explained.
To top it all off, it reportedly took police about 30 minutes to arrive after Cho placed the 911 call.
Officers said they were delayed by the many street closures for Wicker Park Fest and, though they’re investigating the robbery, there were no arrests as of Sunday afternoon.
(H/T: Drudge Report)
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 542 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 495 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 474 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 331 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 308 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 162 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 199 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 136 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Afghan Taliban attack aid group, 2 guards killed
- NBC to air Blake Shelton's benefit for Oklahomans
- Bowie Young takes early lead on short course
- Feds look for temporary fix after I-5 collapse
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split
- Toronto mayor says he doesn't smoke crack cocaine
- Damage reported from magnitude-5.7 quake in Calif.
- Patrick: Another Indy 500 'less and less likely'