‘Criminals’: Former Muslim Brotherhood Spokesman Says America Will Be ‘Brought To Its Knees’
The Muslim Brotherhood has been the focus of significant media and administration attention in recent months, as the United States tries to conclude where the organization truly stands.
Is it a “largely secular,” reformed organization as James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence believes? Or is it simply biding its time until it has amassed enough influence to be a credible threat?
Today, Leon Panetta met with Egypt’s new Islamist President Muhammad Morsi, who is affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, and said he is “convinced” that Morsi “is truly committed to implementing democratic reforms here in Egypt.”
The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) recently released a clip of Kamal Helbawy, a former spokesperson for the Muslim Brotherhood, saying it is only a matter of time before America is “brought to its knees.”
“This is no difficult task for Allah,” he added.
Here is the entire clip:
These criminals, with the administration, their system, and their institutions – the Pentagon, the White House, the CIA, Homeland Security, the FBI, and others…
They are all criminals, planning the killing of people, young and old, planning to kill the revolutions in their cradle. They deceive all parties.
They have defended that criminal and plundering state of Israel.
We should not fear America or whoever is behind America. We fear none but Allah.
If we use the capabilities at our disposal properly, America will be brought to its knees, and will be defeated like the Soviets in Afghanistan.
This is no difficult task for Allah. [Emphasis added]
According to MEMRI, Helbawy’s speech was given at a rally for the release of the “Blind Sheikh,” who is in U.S. custody for his role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Though the man split with Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood after the revolution, he reportedly has as much influence as ever.
(H/T: Weasel Zippers)
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 484 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 472 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 462 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 359 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ Read More
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 100 Comments
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Emails suggest Treasury delayed alerting Congress to Tea Party targeting scheme
- Karl Rove advises GOP not to threaten impeachment
- Gang of 8 needs to fix massive Obamacare loophole with immigration bill
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Banned Iranian director Rasoulof coming to Cannes
- US stock market recovers most of an early loss
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Gunmen kill 7 Iraqi soldiers in central Iraq
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Violence in Somalia scares investors, aid workers