Media or Propaganda Arm? Beck Compares Soviet Media With the American MSM
While mainstream media bias in America may be considered subtle to some, people who hail from Communist, even Fascist regimes, frequently share a common observation about President Obama, who they view as a cult of personality aided by a propaganda apparatus similar to that found in the former Soviet Union. And Glenn Beck agrees.
On Tuesday evening, Beck compared examples of media coverage in world dictatorships with that of the mainstream in America. To illustrate, consider the type of effusive, glowing praise the North Korean media heaped on Kim Jong-il, painting him as a “sacred,” almost celestial creatures too good to have been born of this earth. Likewise, news outlets stateside are enthusiastically promoting a story that Barack Obama was descended from the “very first slave,” thereby painting him as a divine, almost folkloric figure.
According to the genealogists at Ancestry.com, Obama is likely the 11th great-grandson of John Punch, the first documented American slave. The irony is that the family tree in question places Obama’s noble lineage as having come through its maternal branches. Yes, Ancestry.com posits that President Obama descended from the first American slave through his Caucasian mother, Stanley Ann Dunham.
Then of course the media lauded the “beautiful” $6,800 blouse worn by Michelle Obama, who they essentially said put Princess Kate Middleton to shame. Yet when Ann Romney wore a $990 shirt during an interview, the Washington Post (the outlet that praised the First Lady’s nearly $7,000-blouse) maintained that Romney was out of touch with ordinary Americans and that her disconnect would hurt her husband’s campaign. Romney was also chastised for not spending that thousand dollars on household items at Walmart like most everyday Americans would have done.
Despite being wealthy, Beck noted that he has “never even seen a $7,000 shirt let alone buy one.”
The striking resemblance between American and propagandist media coverage across the world’s various dictatorships can also be seen by examining the official Communist newspaper of the former Soviet Union, “Pravda.” Pravda spun Vladimir Lenin, and later Joseph Stalin’s talking points into the Russian mainstream on a daily basis.
To ensure the correct ideological spin was placed on every news item, Beck noted that Pravda even praised Stalin’s non-aggression pact with Hitler. Later, when the nuclear meltdown at Chernobyl happened Pravda didn’t even issue a report until two days later — and only did eventually because Sweden kept calling upon them to do so.
“Make no mistake, our press is turning into Pravda,” Beck noted before explaining that our media is indeed acting as a propaganda arm for the Left.
Beck mapped out the similarities on Tuesday evening, reaffirming what many already believe to be true — that the mainstream media has lost any journalistic integrity it may have once had. From the Department of Justice to the Department of Homeland Security, it seems the media, and in fact the mainstream world is toeing the party line.
“The truth is not be reported,” he said before urging everyday Americans to keep a journal of what is really happening in the world.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 481 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 469 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 460 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 355 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- La Scala scales back on productions due to crisis
- 26 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- UN: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Pakistan arrested American who was killed by drone
- Nixon library hosts 40th reunion for Vietnam POWs
- US new home sales up 2.3 percent in April