One of My Favorite Ammo’: YouTube Weapons Creator Is Back With a Pistol That Fires Steel Darts
Taking steel playing darts and a pistol and trying to make them work together is a challenge. Neither are designed to be used in tandem, but Joerg Sprave, star of the Slingshot Channel on YouTube, was able to modify an “experimental pistol shooter” to successfully fire off the darts.
In the video description, Sprave writes it was no easy undertaking:
First, steel darts aren’t made for shooting. Therefore you can’t shoot them overly fast as the tips break on impact. Second, the fletching is very vulnerable, in fact not made for any kind of pressure. Third, they can be quite expensive.
Finding 40-cent darts on Amazon.com, Sprave’s third hurdle was overcome. Using some of his favorite materials — a toothbursh and rubber — Sprave makes a “homemade pistol shooter that is ‘chambered.’” Here’s how it works:
A toothbrush head has been used to hold them in place, extremely prestretched rubber accelerates the dart, and a “pinching” method is employed in order to keep the darts firmly rested against the loaded string.
This works quite well, the darts fly 15 meters without any problems. They stick into anything they hit – wood, aluminum, plastic. They stick way better than commercial pistol crossbow bolts – both weapons are compared to each other in the video.
Watch Sprave discuss the issues with shooting the dart based on its material and how he overcame them to make a successful, non-lethal weapon (Bonus: Sprave shows off one of his favorite arrow shooters toward the end):
Overall, Sprave thinks he can make the design of the weapon more compact but, he says, “I really like the concept and I really love pointy things. Therefore, this is one of my favorite ammo.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 321 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 249 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 192 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 104 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 126 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 142 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Official: Treasury played no role in IRS targeting
- Trial for captain in deadly shipwreck in Italy
- FBI: Man shot dead in Fla had become violent during questioning in Boston bombing case
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Target's 1Q profit drops 26 pct on weak sales
- House panel seeks to curb military sexual assaults
- 'GMA' host Roberts to write memoir about illness
- Vienna official: Looted Nazi goods returned