Illegal Alien Fatally Shoots Alleged Car Burglar With Illegal Gun Outside His Houston Home
A Houston man shot and killed another man who was allegedly trying to break into his car outside his home on Friday, according to police.
The shooting took place at around 6 a.m. in southwest Houston, KPRC-TV reports.
The man told police that he heard some commotion before going outside and finding an unidentified man holding a shovel trying to break into his vehicle. He opened fire and shot the suspect. Police did not say how many rounds were fired or how many times the burglary suspect was shot.
The suspect was rushed to a local hospital and was later declared dead.
In a shocking twist, KPRC reports the homeowner is actually in the U.S. illegally and owns a gun — both of which are against the law. Police have not released any names.
The illegal alien and his roommate were brought in for questioning about the incident.
The ongoing investigation will now be handed over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The District Attorney’s Office will consider whether or not charges will be filed in the case.
In May, a three-judge panel in Denver upheld federal gun laws passed by Congress that prohibits illegal aliens from owning guns.
From a previous Reuters report:
“Even those admitted on non-immigrant visas … are prohibited from having firearms and ammunition unless they secure a special waiver or happen to be hunters or diplomatic or law-enforcement officials here on business,” the judges wrote.
The case stemmed from the conviction of Emmanuel Huitron-Guizar, who was sentenced to 18 months in prison under a federal law that bars gun ownership by illegal aliens.
Huitron-Guizar’s lawyer, Ronald Pretty, told Reuters he will appeal the ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Weigh in on the issue and take our poll below:
Featured image courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 395 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 289 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Kuchar leads Colonial without finishing 2nd round
- Penguins oust Sens in five, reach Eastern finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 away from Heat in Miami, 97-93