‘National Same-Sex Kiss Day’ Met With Deafening Silence at Texas Chick-fil-A
The clock on the wall read 7:02 p.m. (central time), two minutes after “National Same-Sex Kiss Day” was scheduled to begin at Chick-fil-A restaurants across that nation on Friday. But there were no protesters to be found. In fact, even for a regular day at the fast food joint, business seemed slow.
This particular Chick-fil-A, located near Dallas, Texas, hadn’t seen any gay rights activists all day, the manager told TheBlaze.
Soon, the clock struck 7:15 p.m. and then 7:30 p.m. and still — no protesters. Not even a smooch.
It’s interesting given the explosion of media coverage that the so-called protest received leading up the event, scheduled for 8 p.m. ET. National Same-Sex Kiss Day was created to protest the restaurant owner’s decision to publicly back traditional marriage, but it seemingly failed to generate the amount of support organizers were hoping for — at least at this particular location. To be sure, that same exact restaurant was packed with customers on Wednesday.
As of 9:11 p.m. ET on Friday, the manager of the restaurant told TheBlaze they had not seen a single protester.
So, how did “National Same-Sex Kiss Day” compare to “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day” on Wednesday? Take a look for yourself:
The Atlanta-based company confirmed in a statement that they broke the daily sales record Wednesday.
If you want to take a look at some of the same-sex kisses that actually happened at various Chick-fil-As across the U.S., the event’s official Facebook page has been posting some throughout the day.
It was reported earlier today that the cops were called at a Chick-fil-A in Hollywood. But not on protesters — on the media. Reporters were allegedly harassing employees at the restaurant trying to get commentary about the “kiss in” protests, TMZ reports.
Head over to Twitchy.com for more coverage on same-sex kiss stunt and how it stacked up to Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 589 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 388 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 321 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 275 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins