MoveOn Casting Notice Calls for ‘Non-Union’ Actors
Editor’s note: See update below.
A casting notice posted online for an upcoming MoveOn.org ad calls for “non-union” actors — a perhaps curious stipulation given the organization’s progressive political leanings.
The notice, posted late Friday afternoon on nycastings.com, is for a public service announcement titled “Oath.” The posting was scheduled to end Sunday.
It calls for actors to fill a dozen different roles, including an “Asian businessman,” “Caucasian single mother,” “Indian nurse” and a “Mitt Romney body double.”
It’s possible MoveOn.org did not directly make the stipulation itself; an organization representative did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment Saturday.
Update: Nick Berning, MoveOn.org’s communications director, wrote in an email to TheBlaze Saturday night:
“MoveOn’s policy is to use union talent, and that has not changed. This listing was a mistake by a production company and the listings are being corrected.”
Update II: The “non-union” descriptor was still there as of midday Sunday.
(h/t Republican Party Animals)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,037 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 157 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 226 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 110 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 101 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 134 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sony mulls hedge fund's entertainment sale idea
- Under scrutiny, Va. gov's mansion a dichotomy
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti builds growing lead as LA picks new mayor
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- 600 police photos of Tucson rampage scene released
- Chinese premier begins 2-day visit to Pakistan